cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

lock plot aspect ratio Mathcad prime

EN_9902818
6-Contributor

lock plot aspect ratio Mathcad prime

Hi,

Is there any way to lock plot aspect ratio ?

So if a square is plotted, this shown as the actual square and not a rectangle

thanks,

Eleni 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With plots in real Mathcad (up to version 15) we have the option "Equal scales" which can be checked. Its not perfect but does what you demand.

The native plots in Prime are missing this option (actually they are missing much much more) so you have to manually scale the plot by eye. unfortunately Primes plots also don't allow for grid lines which would help by this 'seat-of-the-pants' estimate.

I am not sure if the chart component in Prime (which you could use as an alternative to Primes native plots)  offers an appropriate option as this component has too many drawbacks and so I don't use it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

With plots in real Mathcad (up to version 15) we have the option "Equal scales" which can be checked. Its not perfect but does what you demand.

The native plots in Prime are missing this option (actually they are missing much much more) so you have to manually scale the plot by eye. unfortunately Primes plots also don't allow for grid lines which would help by this 'seat-of-the-pants' estimate.

I am not sure if the chart component in Prime (which you could use as an alternative to Primes native plots)  offers an appropriate option as this component has too many drawbacks and so I don't use it.

EN_9902818
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

sorry to hear that, it's a pity because once you have stretch the plot you can't return back to original , only by eye it's not good. I've tried the component chart but it should be more or less the same, can't find something about it.

Thanks anyway

Eleni

Werner didn't say it (too modest, perhaps) but he and Luc developed plot gridlines for Prime that even work in Expressatt.  

Example (Prime 4.0 attachwd.)

Unfortunately grid lines won't solve the problem with the missing feature of applying the same scale on both axis - they could only help a little bit with the (still tedious and unsatisfying) manual scaling.

Top Tags