cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

optimum laptop characteristics to be used when programming in mathcad 15 and prime 3.1

rdelascasas
6-Contributor

optimum laptop characteristics to be used when programming in mathcad 15 and prime 3.1

Dear Sirs,

i am having a lot of problems when i am running calculations in mathcad 15 and prime 3.1, am wondering if the problems could be related to my computer capabilities to run mathcad.

can you please, suggest the optimum characteristics that i should have in my computer to be able to run mathcad 15 and prime 3.1 without so much crashes and delays on the calculation and saving times?

because the programs crash so often i am trying to save the calculation sheet as often as possible, which increases the time that i have to dedicate to keep my calculation sheet saved, instead of spending time improving it.

thank you in advance,

Rogelio

6 REPLIES 6
-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:rdelascasas)

Hi, Rogelio, things like that were happening to me too, until my laptop stopped working. Since I have replaced the hard drive, I have no more problems.

I access to the community even with another laptop, with which, for quite some time, I am having problems as automatic restart without my consent.

Then I move on the other where I have no problems. So either we have problems caused by viruses when accessing the community or it is a malfunction of the hard disk ..

Best regards.

F.M.

Since I have done a restore, there are no more problems.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

We need more information. Is the problem mainly in Mathcad 15 or in Prime? How often is it crashing? What OS are you running? Which version of Mathcad 15? Are the worksheets very large? Do they have lots of embedded images? It's hard to give any suggestion when all we have is "the software keeps crashing".

rdelascasas
6-Contributor
(To:RichardJ)

it happens when i am running calculations in Mathcad 15 where i have to generate 3-D graphs and they are heavy calculations. in the case of Prime, Prime is extremely slow all the time, i have tried Prime, just get use to it, but it is so slow, in any step that i have not use it too often.

I do not know, if in the case of Prime, it is related to the case that all my files in Prime were once files in Mathcad 15.

my computer runs in microsoft 64-bit OS, window 7 professional.

the work sheets are large. No images, but a lot of 3-d graphs.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Which version of 15 are you running?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

That the files were converted from Mathcad 15 to Prime should not matter for their performance in Mathcad and also not in Prime. Prime is perfectly capable of running slow by itself....

What version of Mathcad 15 exaclty are you running: F000, M010 or are you up to the latest: M045.

Pictures in your files would only make the file bigger, 3D graphs on the other hand could make the amount of calculation to produce data for them huge, and with that the time and memory required. Are you running low on memory during calculation?

Can you share the Mathcad worksheet, so others can try?

Luc

Here is a Mathcad 15 and Mathcad Prime 3.1 requirements. And I also highly recommend you to check your hard drive disk by using "Adware Cleaner": ToolsLib - Downloads - AdwCleaner

Mathcad 15:

Pic_1.png

Mathcad Prime 3.1:

Pic_2.png

Top Tags