cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

"save as" causes Mathcad crash

Efried
1-Newbie

"save as" causes Mathcad crash

Hello,

the last days I was trying to bring some prior work to test with Prime (The problems are filling other treads). I had to uninstall Mathcad 14 and then re-register ocx for Mathcad 15 - only to tell you the history before the problem began.

Then - in order to test parallelisation into multiple FPU - I tried to run two instances of mathcad at the same time, using the same work sheet, well after this the tragedy began.

Every time I'm trying to save the sheet under another name, Mathcad crashes...

Also when tyring to open a sheet Mathcad crashes. Douple cclicking works however.

any ideas how to heal that?

- is this a license problem

- is there some corrupted trash in the directory

- other..

I tried to reinstall on a SSD but the original path cannot be altered even when directing Mathcad installation to the new one, so I will try to move it..

many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Efried
1-Newbie
(To:Efried)

well copying the mathcad directory to the new drive and renaming the old directory cured it, but the licensing scheme does not allow this....

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Efried wrote:

well copying the mathcad directory to the new drive and renaming the old directory cured it, but the licensing scheme does not allow this....

Why? AFAIK both MC15 and Prime2 licenses are bound to the MAC-address of your NIC. So as long as you stay on the same machine and tell Mathcad where to find the license file (not having done so could be the cause for your license trouble), there should be no licensing problem.

The error message refers to the old path, so I thought that is the reason. It says "Invalid host, the hostid of this system does not match the hostid specified in the license file, you are right this looks like a MAC address - I have to go into the details....

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Try not to copy directory but reinstall both Mathcad (15 and Prime 2) in your new directory.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Top Tags