cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

solve family of equations (without Programming)

Liv
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

solve family of equations (without Programming)

Hi !

I need to find out roots of several functions which are grouped in a vector of functions, like in attached file.

This worked Ok in my older version of Mathcad, without using Programming module.

My question is if that's possible also in Mathcad 15/Prime, as we are thinking to upgrade.

Best regards, with many thanks,

Liv.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AlanStevens
17-Peridot
(To:Liv)

See attached for M15 version

Alan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AlanStevens
17-Peridot

See attached for M15 version

Alan

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Liviu F wrote:

Hi !

I need to find out roots of several functions which are grouped in a vector of functions, like in attached file.

This worked Ok in my older version of Mathcad, without using Programming module.

My question is if that's possible also in Mathcad 15/Prime, as we are thinking to upgrade.

I don't have M11, so can't play around with the original mcd file to see if there is anything I can do in M11 that will work in all versions of Mathcad.

However, there are a few problems with the later versions.

The first is that T is the name of the quantity (dimension) time; (even with units turned off in Mathcad 15), T is still defined and leads to the error complaining about units.  I'm afraid the simple solution is just to change the name of the variable in the main worksheet, as shown in the Prime extract below (I've also changed it in the function just for consistency).

The second part, which I've only managed to find a simple solution for in Prime, is that the solve blocks won't return a solution to the indexed variable Tx[j.  In Prime, you can define an alias t within the solve block and return that (at least the values agree with the symbolic solution!).  Unfortunately, this doesn't work with Prime.

Stuart

Liv
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

And it's not the first time when I forget about that T(esla)...

Thank you very much, Alan and Stuart.

(I think only one check for "Correct Answer" is possible...)

Liv
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Yes, Liviu F, you have to make choices sometimes...

Top Tags