cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

this expression redefines a previously defined functions

ptc-3682623
12-Amethyst

this expression redefines a previously defined functions

I dont know what I do wrong:(Please look at this in xmcd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thats a tricky one. The problem is that the symbolics will trace back all definitions how a variable is derived and will evaluate this calclulations symbolically. In your case it will choke at the definition of Xp. Xp is derived by using lsolve and lsolve cannot be evaluated symbolically.

Workaround is to cut the connection between Xp and lsolve by using a redefinition with an inline assignment:

1.png

Not all works as expected and you see the symbolic function definition

2.png

P.S.: I see you found the correct value for x.N in your routine X_Gauss yourself. Better replace it by a more general expression using the argument U

3.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Just use bp(x)=. Don't use the symbolic evaluation.

Alan

Could You do it in xmcd, wrong and correct??I dont see problem:(

Thats a tricky one. The problem is that the symbolics will trace back all definitions how a variable is derived and will evaluate this calclulations symbolically. In your case it will choke at the definition of Xp. Xp is derived by using lsolve and lsolve cannot be evaluated symbolically.

Workaround is to cut the connection between Xp and lsolve by using a redefinition with an inline assignment:

1.png

Not all works as expected and you see the symbolic function definition

2.png

P.S.: I see you found the correct value for x.N in your routine X_Gauss yourself. Better replace it by a more general expression using the argument U

3.png

Top Tags