cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

vb script for mm to fractions of inch conversion

ptc-4497948
1-Newbie

vb script for mm to fractions of inch conversion

I need to convert mathcad 15 results having mm to fractions inches using scriptable objects)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

collab+-+14+12+04+fractions+02.JPGDo you mean something like the attached?

Stuart

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-4497948)

There is no easy way to do that. It would require a lot of programming, especially if you want fractions based on anything other than tenths (i.e. n/10, n/100, etc.).

Thanks for replay me Mr Jackson.

round of 3/16 fraction is required for me.

Why do you need to do it in vbscript? And what kind of result / output do you need?

Stuart

Like Stuart I am also wondering what you plan to do with the results of the script. In Mathcad it would be a string (which you can get using Mathcad alone, too) which would be just good for viewing. If thats the goal, you might as well use Mathcad on its own and better let the result be something you can reuse in Mathcad like the matrix I had chosen.

1.png

Thanks for your quick replay, what i want to convert to mm to inch fraction is clearly mentioned in the attached MathCAD sheet.

Please help me ASAP

collab+-+14+12+04+fractions+02.JPGDo you mean something like the attached?

Stuart

Thank u so much Mr Stuart ,How can i change this to fraction is multiple of 3/16 in.

Top Tags