cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

why the controls are disable in my sheet ;Mathcad 15 F000

MC盗版用户
5-Regular Member

why the controls are disable in my sheet ;Mathcad 15 F000

hello

After my PC upgraded to win7 professional. controls are disable in my sheet .why?

23 REPLIES 23

Capture2.PNG

Hi,

Please attach your Mathcad worksheet to message.

MC盗版用户
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

sheet is ok when my office PC OS was winXP.but now, under WIN7 professional,controls is disable, and can not "insert" -> "components", "data" and "control". I can click these menus ,but nothing occurs, in the sheet region ,nothing appears.

On my home PC, OS is WIN7 home basic version,sheet is ok to.

why ?

Your worksheet works fine for me in Mathcad 15 M030. To run Mathcad 15, the following Microsoft components are required:

• Microsoft .NET Framework® 3.5 or later;
  • MSXML 4.0 SP2 Pareser and SDK (this exact version of MSXML is required);
  • Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 or later.

You can find M030 release by using this links:

http://www.ptc.com/product/mathcad/free-trial

http://www.ptc.com/product/mathcad/free-trial/thank-you

MC15_system_requirements.png

MC盗版用户
5-Regular Member

VladimirN. wrote:

Your worksheet works fine for me in Mathcad 15 M030. To run Mathcad 15, the following Microsoft components are required:

• Microsoft .NET Framework® 3.5 or later;
  • MSXML 4.0 SP2 Pareser and SDK (this exact version of MSXML is required);
  • Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 or later.

Do you mean if I install these Microsoft components, I can run Mathcad15 normally even it's F000 version?

Is that free to install M030 basic on F000?

See here: http://communities.ptc.com/thread/55417

Note that although it's not covered in the thread, Richard does now have the M020 release.

Is that free to install M030 basic on F000?

No, but if you can get the installer for M020 then you can install that and it will work with the license you have for F000.

No, but if you can get the installer for M020 then you can install that and it will work with the license you have for F000.

Any specific reason you recommend M020 and not the latest M030?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

M020 was the last freebie, available to everyone with MC15, regardless of the status of maintenance. It will definitely run with the F000 license and product code. M030 was only available to those with current maintenance, and I am not sure that it will run without a new license.

Actually, M035 is the latest, but I recall it has a very bad bug (I don't remember what the bug is, just that it exists).

Richard Jackson wrote:

M020 was the last freebie, available to everyone with MC15, regardless of the status of maintenance.

Ah! I know that MC14 M020 was free in that sense but I wasn't aware of the fact that it was the same with MC15 M020.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Maybe I am getting them mixed up in my mind. I have M020, and I have not paid maintenance for a very long time. I also know someone that installed M020 over their F000, with no new license, and it worked. I don't have M030, so I don't know what would happen if I tried to install it.

MC盗版用户
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

So:

1,I can install M020 without a new license and a new product code, namely free.

2,M020 can overcome these control poblem.

I will forward these to IT guys.

Thank you all.

You may only need one of the prerequisites to be installed. See Vladimir's post and the thread I pointed you to. If you can get M020 you should install it anyway though, because it fixed several bugs.

盗版 用户 wrote:

So:

1,I can install M020 without a new license and a new product code, namely free.

2,M020 can overcome these control poblem.

I will forward these to IT guys.

Thank you all.

Don't forget to rescue/save your license file if you overwrite your Mathcad installation with a new one!

Richard Jackson wrote:

Maybe I am getting them mixed up in my mind. I have M020, and I have not paid maintenance for a very long time. I also know someone that installed M020 over their F000, with no new license, and it worked. I don't have M030, so I don't know what would happen if I tried to install it.

I can't tell either as I am still under maintanance. Probably its an indicator if you go to the download page and see what releases you are offered to download.

I am also not sure which maintanance release the trial version is. At the times of MC14 those trial releases usually weren't the latest releases i think.

BTW, your profile still says "PtcCsMaintVerified", whatever that may mean.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

BTW, your profile still says "PtcCsMaintVerified", whatever that may mean.

It means the information in a profile about maintenance status is totally worthless

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I just got hold of M030 (in fact, you can now download it from the PTC website. Someone (Fred?) posted a link a few days ago). I installed it, and it works fine. I also found some older threads where it is clear that M030 was not always available to everyone (at least, that was the consensus of opinion).

MC盗版用户
5-Regular Member

Thank you for you amswer. It's OK after our IT guy reinstalled mathcad15 f000.But he did not told me why.......

MC盗版用户
5-Regular Member

After OS upgraded, reinstalled MC15 accordingly, MC setup maybe are different.but it seems the setup are default...

32 bit or 64 bit OS?

Anyway, install MC15 M020.

MC盗版用户
5-Regular Member

thank you your reply.

32bit OS. tomorrow i will check again...

Our company only has MC15 F000, no M020.

MC盗版用户
5-Regular Member

It is 32bit WIN7 professional.

This is not helpfull.. or which droplist selection is usefull?Capture_setting.PNG

I think F000 is not reliable under Win 7. Can you download M020 from the PTC website?

MC盗版用户
5-Regular Member

Softwares on Office PC are controlled by our IT dept. I will forward this to them.

Thank you very much.

Top Tags