cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

IoT Gateway Write Socket Error - Azure IoT Hub

LL_10077020
1-Newbie

IoT Gateway Write Socket Error - Azure IoT Hub

Hello,

I am having a issue where the IoT Gateway, in an intermittent way, loses connection from IoT hub, then it starts a loop of errors trying to connect and being disconnected with the following messages:

Note: I hid the agent and broker link for security reason.

Date Time Level Source Event
5/10/2023 1:16:13 AM Warning KEPServerEX\Runtime The MQTT agent 'My agent' published events buffer is full. Dropping new data change events
5/10/2023 1:16:14 AM Information KEPServerEX\Runtime MQTT agent 'My agent' is connected to broker 'My Broker Link'
5/10/2023 1:16:14 AM Error KEPServerEX\Runtime MQTT agent 'My agent' disconnected - reason 'Connection reset by peer: socket write error'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I reinitialize the application, it connects again. Is there a fix or mitigation action I can set in kepware? For exemple, to restart Iot Gateway automatically

Thank 

1 REPLY 1

@LL_10077020 ,

Please take a look at the Kepware knowledge base article in the following link. Although, the article is for an IoT Gateway Rest Client I believe the suggested resolution also applies an IoT gateway MQTT Agent disconnecting due to a full buffer:

Article - CS308348 - IOT Gateway REST client agent dropped data change events in KEPServerEX / ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity (ptc.com)

I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware Technical Support team if the article isn't able to resolve your Issue. Here is a link to the my kepware page, where a ticket can be submitted:

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags