cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Problems with KEPOPCDAAUTO.DLL

JB_10211241
2-Guest

Problems with KEPOPCDAAUTO.DLL

Hello, we are using W10 64 bit machines with a simple Access program to get data from Kepware OPC Server with KEPOPCDAAUTO.DLL. The source is: 

Private Sub OPCStartup()
On Error GoTo ERROR_HANDLER

Dim i As Integer

If MyServer Is Nothing Then
Set MyServer = New OPCServer
MyServer.Connect "KEPware.KEPServerEx.V6", "\\SERVERNAME"
'Set the default group update rate
MyServer.OPCGroups.DefaultGroupUpdateRate = 1000
End If

If MyGroup Is Nothing Then
Set MyGroup = MyServer.OPCGroups.Add("AnyGroupName")
MyGroup.UpdateRate = 100 'mSec
MyGroup.IsActive = False
MyGroup.IsSubscribed = True
End If

For i = 1 To OPC_ITEMS
If MyItems(i) Is Nothing Then
MyGroup.IsActive = False
Set MyItems(i) = MyGroup.OPCItems.AddItem(ItemIDs(i), i)
ServerHandles(i) = MyGroup.OPCItems.Item(i).ServerHandle
MyGroup.IsActive = True
End If
Next

Exit Sub

JB_10211241_0-1644936278682.png

on some identically installed PCs we receive some data, with other PCs MS Access crashes. any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Juergen,

Yes, we have 2 products that will connect KEPServerEX to a MS Access db:

BRgds,

KC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The opcdaauto.dll has not been supported by Kepware or the OPC Foundation for close to 10 years.

The opcdaauto.dll is no longer provided with the KEPServerEx v6 installation. That dll was initially provided by the OPC foundation and was originally redistributed by Kepware with the v4 software and subsequently provided with the install of v5 for legacy client applications, however support for that has been deprecated and the file is no longer distributed with the newer version of our software.

Though this file is not supported, if that file is necessary for your client application, you may still find a copy of it in the v4 legacy version of our software, or in the install directory in early v5. The v4 product has also been deprecated, but v5 is still available on our website.

You could then copy that file to your back into the correct directory and manually register it with the OS through a command prompt, however my understanding is that that file was written so long ago that it is not .Net 4.5 complaint. I believe they were built for .Net 3.5. Shortly after the OPC foundation stopped maintaining the opcdaauto.dll we stopped supporting the file and sample source code.

Is there any chance that the issue is that the referenced file (opcdaauto.dll) is not on some of these installations?

BRgds,

KC

Hello KC,

thank you for the answer. Yes copied, registered and tried everything, but still the same error. On some machines it crashes, on other machines it works. That it is what confused me. Never had this in 23 years IT.

I'm from german IT helping our US departement. 

Is there another way than this dll to connect with OPC in a ms access database with the actual version 6 kepware client?

Thx, Juergen

Hi Juergen,

Yes, we have 2 products that will connect KEPServerEX to a MS Access db:

BRgds,

KC

Top Tags