cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Unable to Create database in Thing: PTC.Factory.C_LaunchPointConfigurationThing_9.1.0_02

newieKek
13-Aquamarine

Unable to Create database in Thing: PTC.Factory.C_LaunchPointConfigurationThing_9.1.0_02

Hi,

I am installing AMU in the Thingworx 9.3, and had encounter issue at step 11 of the Core 310 installation.

The error shown is as per below when i "Create Database"

Error in: PTC.SCA.SCO.DefaultProductionOrderManager.CreateEnumeration javascript service. Message ::An error has occurred. Contact your administrator for further details.

I am not sure what is should check further?

Do advise, i have checked the connection to the MSSQL database is connected.

newieKek_0-1642585466320.png

And i hope to clarify, when i install the MSSQL db setup the Collation is 

newieKek_1-1642585572326.png

But in the installation guide, at Step 12, they ask for.

newieKek_2-1642585636593.png

Should i create a new database?

Hope someone can help me on the step 11 !!

Thank you

Newbie Kek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KF_10209860
4-Participant
(To:newieKek)

Now it is working fine. I have given wrong Connection string. If i change the connection string from SELECT NOW() to SELECT GET DATE(), am able to connect to database.

thank you for the guidance

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

Read this article - "Executing CreateDatabase service failed when installing Real-Time Production Performance Monitoring (RTPPM)": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS354637 

newieKek
13-Aquamarine
(To:VladimirN)

Hi,

I hope to clarify further, when i install the MSSQL Thingworx foundation

it stated the following:

newieKek_0-1642643785149.png

So i created a  database call thingworx, with the collation Latin1_General_100_CS_AS_SC.

The article show i required Collation SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.

Does that meant i need to create another database? as i cannot change the Collation in the exisitng database.

I followed the step in Install Guide CORE 3.1.0 Clean Install, and Chapter 11, "PTC.SCA.SCO.MnfgCommonDatabaseInstaller" services Create Database. I got the error. 

I read in the Chapter 12 of Install Guide CORE 3.1.0, ""CoreStoredProcedureConcatenated.sql" will create and required Collation SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.

But i had issue at the "Core" and not able to proceed to Chapter12, as i encounter the problem above error. 

I hope to check, i installed the AMU over an existing Manufacturing Apps with some setup, should i delete anything? is there any guides in regards.

Do advise.

Best regards

Newbie Kek

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @newieKek.

I worked with R&D on this question a couple of years ago, so I can confirm that you need to use Latin1_General_100_CS_AS_SC.  I was advised that with varchar based data, there are small but significant differences with the sorting and comparison of data which may have an impact on upgrades and other unexpected consequences.

Here's an article that may help you to change the collation.  Here's another article that may also be helpful.   Be sure to create good backups before beginning the process.

Regards.

--Sharon

KF_10209860
4-Participant

Now it is working fine. I have given wrong Connection string. If i change the connection string from SELECT NOW() to SELECT GET DATE(), am able to connect to database.

thank you for the guidance

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @KF_10209860 and @newieKek.

I'm glad you found the solution for your connection issue.  Please mark your last post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

I'm following up on the collation question.  It seems I misread your response the first time.  I want to be sure I'm providing accurate information.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @KF_10209860 and @newieKek.

I just wanted to let you know that the recommended collation for ThingWorx Platform and RTPPM are different, as you pointed out.  As you discovered, RTPPM does require a separate database.

Thank you for sharing your findings with the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

newieKek
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

Hi Slangley,

I re-installed everything, and discover, a sentence in Page 19/35 of Core310 installation manual.

* It mentioned: <DATABASE_NAME>: name of the database where you install the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps. ( ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps and ThingWorx Apps are to coexist on the same database)

When I install the ThingWorx with Mssql, i used the thingWorxMssqlDBSetup.bat, when i install the Manufacturing Apps, i connect my Manufacturing apps to the database created by the bat file. 

So in order to fulfilled the installation of the AMU/RTPPM, i need to create a New database with Latin1_General_100_CS_AS_SC. So i had successfully install the AMU and RTPPM, now struggling with the configuration of the app. 

Sorry for the late replied. 

Thank you!! 

Best regards

Newbie Kek

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @newieKek.

While researching this, I was advised that a case will be needed.  I will be happy to open one on your behalf.  Once we get clarification, I will post an update here for the greater community. 

Please let me know if you would like me to open the case.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags