cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

save 2D file

TeoB
8-Gravel

save 2D file

Hi guys,

In Modelling Express for the saving of the files, I have 5 options (like file attacched):

- Bundle *.bdl

- Package *.pkg

- Session *.se2

- Environment *.env

- Picture *.bmp;*.png;*.tif;*.jpg;*.tiff;*.jpeg

I'm using *.bdl for saving 3D+2D but there is a method for to save only 3D file and only 2D file

Thanks in advanced

***** I use Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express 8.0 *****
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Friedhelm thanks for your replay.

Yes "Express" is a free version and I use it like a gym to learn the commercial "Modeling". I'm using my technical book and I'm tring only to copy some machines. For to learn a CAD sotware is necessary to simule a real condition. "Model Manager" for my use is not necessary. Before of 3D the drawings was not linked and I can to do all my experiment without the automatims, like a old time.Thanks again for your help.

Bye and have a nice day

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FriedhelmK
17-Peridot
(To:TeoB)

Hello Teo,
your screenshot is correct, but .bdl + .pkg as you wrote, belong to the purchase version.
In Express it is the .bd2 and .pk2 formats you have available.
If you want to save only the 3D use .pk2.
Saving a single drawing is not provided for Express.
In the purchase version, the .mi format is used for this purpose.
You can use a trick to get the .mi data out of a .bdl, but then the 2D drawing loses its connection,

also called associativity, to the 3D model.
This means that changes in the 3D are no longer taken over in the 2D.

Have a Nice Day

Friedhelm

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Hi Friedhelm,

thanks for your replay. Sorry for my type error bdl/bd2 and pkg/pk2, I had copied form help page (Unfortunately wrong).

My problem is that when I load a .bd2 file, I found 2D and 3D. But this solution is not smart. So I have a question if it is possible to make a "bridge" between the file. I try to explain my thinking:

- File "A" part 01
- File "B" part 02
- File "C" part 01 + part02
- File "D" 2D of part 01

the part 01 is the same for file "A, B, C" and when change it there is a general update. I hope that my thinking is clear.

Thanks in advance

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot
(To:TeoB)

Hi Teo, yes, I think I understand you. 
Please remember that Express 8 is a free version of Creo Elements Direct Modeling 20.2.
This free version is intended to allow the user to use almost all the features of the purchased version.
But, at that time CoCreate also made sure that you can't use Express like a full version to use it commercially.
After all, they want to sell Direct Modeling at the end, not give it away, and then it's quite 'smart' not to allow everything.. 

In the purchase version, "Creo Elements Direct Modeling" saving part and 2D drawing separately is possible. but you have to remember in which other assembly drawings you built/used the part.
Using your example.
If you change the part 01 in file 'A' you have to replace it manually in the drawing file 'C' change it in the drawing file 'D' and update the 2D.

If you want to automate this maintenance of your drawings and not lose track in large assemblies.
You have to purchase additionally a database program and that is for example the Model Manager or something else equivalent.

I can't explain much about Model Manager, because I don't have it.

FriedhelmK_0-1695975068145.png

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Hi Friedhelm thanks for your replay.

Yes "Express" is a free version and I use it like a gym to learn the commercial "Modeling". I'm using my technical book and I'm tring only to copy some machines. For to learn a CAD sotware is necessary to simule a real condition. "Model Manager" for my use is not necessary. Before of 3D the drawings was not linked and I can to do all my experiment without the automatims, like a old time.Thanks again for your help.

Bye and have a nice day

Top Tags