cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Messaging someone who posted on the forum.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Messaging someone who posted on the forum.

After hoovering over a community members id, a pop-up shows up with (2) options: Send message or View profile. (I'll use one of my older post as an example.)

Dale_Rosema_0-1690300914272.png

If you click on Send Message, you are brought to the messaging part of the app, but it hasn't started a new message, also you still have to search and find the member id you just clicked on in order to send a message.

Dale_Rosema_1-1690301047271.png

I would think that a new message would be started and addressed to the appropriate ID.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Hi @Dale_Rosema this turned out to be a fairly easy fix, so next Tuesday we will be publishing a change to the hover card "Send Message" link. It will now take you to a private message page with the name of the recipient already set like this.

AndrewK_0-1691694219897.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
olivierlp
Community Manager

Hi @Dale_Rosema 

This is one of the annoying things about the site. To do what you are describing, and picking up where you left it, you need to click on the New Message icon, already activated in green. Not intuitive. 

olivierlp_1-1690303070934.png

Then you land directly on the next logical step. 

We will see if and how we can remove the unnecessary step above to land directly on what you see below. 

olivierlp_0-1690302969998.png

Olivier
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:olivierlp)

Yes it works....

... intuitive is way beyond asking. Especially since the last message received is still highlighted....

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I have replied to the wrong person multiple times due to this very issue.

AndrewK
Community Manager

Hi @Dale_Rosema this turned out to be a fairly easy fix, so next Tuesday we will be publishing a change to the hover card "Send Message" link. It will now take you to a private message page with the name of the recipient already set like this.

AndrewK_0-1691694219897.png

Top Tags