cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Widget can't be displayed

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Widget can't be displayed

I am getting an error on the PTC Community that says that a widget cannot be displayed when trying to post a new message to the Creo board:

Dale_Rosema_0-1701264855827.png

6 REPLIES 6
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I have since closed the page, but now realized that I was not in the Creo page when I was trying to post although that is where I did the initial search to see if I could find a thread pertaining to my issue.

AndrewK
Community Manager

I made a recent update that checks to see what the discussion style of a board is (forum, idea, etc.). I think if you open this post page from somewhere that is not a board and therefore has no discussion style it is causing this error. Thanks for pointing this out. It should be an easy fix.

AndrewK
Community Manager

Fixed. Thanks!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Tried to recreate what I had done.

I was in the Creo+ & Creo Parametric board and did a search on "Export 2D DXF".

I didn't find a thread that looked like might help, so I clicked on "Post a Message" button at the bottom which then brought me to the "Community / New Message" as shown instead of creating a post in the Creo+ & Creo Parametric board. This is what threw me. It seems like an odd behavior to not create the post in the area in which the search was started. At least it should flag you that it is moving to another area of the board.

AndrewK
Community Manager

That's probably something I can fix as well. So, the desired behavior, if you are on the search page and click ask a question from either the header or the bottom of the search page it should already have the board selected. As long as you are searching a specific board and it is a board you have permission to post on. I will add that to our backlog.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:AndrewK)

That is what I would expect (and the button should probably say - Start a Topic).

I think I was up one level from the main topics so maybe it could also ask you to choose which of the 5 boards on which to start the topic. 

Top Tags