cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

(-9) Invalid Host

BK_10163485
4-Participant

(-9) Invalid Host

Hello can somebody help me with this problem I have to finish my project but i cant due to this Warning. It is a "License Warning" and it says: "Requesting CREOPMA_SchoolSTD6... -(9) Invalid host. Run ptcstatus.bat for server status".

I get this warning everytime when I open Creo please help!!!

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

this message tells you that Creo cannot find network card mentioned in license file.

1.]

License file is located in hidden C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory.

You can open license file in Notepad and locate PTC_HOSTID= text. Equal sign is followed by MAC address of network card.

2.]

You can open Command prompt window and launch ipconfig /all command in it. Command output contains list of all network cards installed in your computer.

3.]

MAC address mentioned in license file must exist in ipconfig /all command output.

Martin Hanák

Thank you so much for your reply. The MAC address does exist in ipconfig/all.  Does different Networks have different MAC addresses, because this warning occurs everytime when I am using Creo not at home. I sometimes have to work on my project at school or at a coffee shop so do I have to change the MAC address from the located Network in PTC_HOSTID= ?

Again thanks for your reply and help

Hi,

1.]

Each network card is assigned a unique MAC address.

2.]

Usually notebook has two network cards - Ethernet (LAN cable) and WiFi

3.]

In Windows, MAC address of WiFi can be randomized - this means Windows generates random WiFi MAC address and use it instead of WiFi physical address.

To continue discussion I need to get:

a.]

PTC_HOSTID=xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx from your license file

b.]

output of ipconfig /all command

Open Command prompt window and launch ipconfig /all > ip.txt command. This command creates ip.txt file. Please upload it.

Martin Hanák

Screenshot (39).png

Hi again, I attached ip.txt and licence fill down below. Thanks for helping me

@BK_10163485 wrote:

Screenshot (39).png

Hi again, I attached ip.txt and licence fill down below. Thanks for helping me

Hi,

right now, ip.txt contains DE-5C-F3-92-A3-DA on following line:

Physische Adresse . . . . . . . . : DE-5C-F3-92-A3-DA

This MAC address is assigned to Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz WiFi network card.

Network connection has assigned Drahtlos-LAN-Adapter WLAN name.

No Ethernet network card is mentioned in ip.txt. Probably your notebook does not have RJ-45 connector.

So you are at home and Creo works well.

Task no.1

Check randomization of MAC address of WiFi network card.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Education-Forum/Licence-request-failed-for-feature-error-9-Invalid-host/m-p/782501#M12664

Task no.2

If randomization is ON then turn it OFF and generate another ip.txt file to know what MAC address is assigned to WiFi card.

Task no.3

You can also generate another ip.txt file at school or coffee shop and check what MAC address is assigned to WiFi card.

In all above mentioned situations MAC address must be the same.

Martin Hanák

I checked my randomization and it is turned off. Now I am at school and I cant reach creo again. Down below I attached the ip.txt from school and the licence file is the same as above. So HostID= xxx did not changed at school it is still the same as at home.

@BK_10163485 wrote:

I checked my randomization and it is turned off. Now I am at school and I cant reach creo again. Down below I attached the ip.txt from school and the licence file is the same as above. So HostID= xxx did not changed at school it is still the same as at home.

Hi,

it is strange ,,, both txt files are identical. Creo should work.

1.] When you start Creo, error message is saved into std.out file located in Start in directory. Please upload this file.

2.] Go to WiFi properties and turn off option highlighted in following picture.

What happens when you disconnect from school WiFi?

MartinHanak_0-1685022526568.png

Martin Hanák

std.out file says:

"License request failed for feature

Requesting CREOPMA_SchoolSTD6 ...
C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\xxxxxxxxxx_license.dat: (-9) Invalid host.
Run ptcstatus.bat for server status.Old Intel Graphics driver found; Disabling FBO. Please update your driver"

I do not have the Option "Power Management" at Wifi properties...

When I am dissconnecting from School Wifi I still get the same warning. Afterwards I get 2 more Errors that says "AFX könnte nicht geladen werden" and "IFX könnte nicht geladen werden" sorry it is in german it means like AFX cannot open and IFX cannot open. But i got these two warnings before too. 

@BK_10163485 wrote:

std.out file says:

"License request failed for feature

Requesting CREOPMA_SchoolSTD6 ...
C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\xxxxxxxxxx_license.dat: (-9) Invalid host.
Run ptcstatus.bat for server status.Old Intel Graphics driver found; Disabling FBO. Please update your driver"

I do not have the Option "Power Management" at Wifi properties...

When I am dissconnecting from School Wifi I still get the same warning. Afterwards I get 2 more Errors that says "AFX könnte nicht geladen werden" and "IFX könnte nicht geladen werden" sorry it is in german it means like AFX cannot open and IFX cannot open. But i got these two warnings before too. 

Hi,

1.] Option "Power Management" at Wifi properties

Sometimes it helps to run Device Manager as Administrator:

• click Start button
  • type cmd.exe
  • place mouse cursor on Command prompt button, press right mouse button and use Run as administrator command
  • in Command prompt window run  devmgmt.msc command and open Wifi properties

Sometimes it helps to install newer version of network card drivers.

2.] It looks like your home Wifi is is considered safe and other Wifis as unsafe. Maybe your antivirus is blocking communication somehow.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags