cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Activation of Creo Parametric 9.0.0. - Student edition

Gregor_Mismas
4-Participant

Activation of Creo Parametric 9.0.0. - Student edition

Hello,
I have very similar issue as described in this article: https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Education-Forum/License-error-in-Creo-7-0-Student-Edition-installation/td-p/695577

I tried the activation code ending with K12 and it did not work. The reason for new installation is because I changed the disc from HDD to SSD. I hope that this is simple issue and I can use your great programme in future for my study.

Best regards,
Gregor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Gregor_Mismas wrote:

Hi,

I have seen your previous reply, but when I reinstalled Creo the changes were overwritten, but I discovered I don´t have folder named Agent inside the folder in Program files. I already ran all the neccessary update and installation packs for diagnostic tools and agent. Creo works but the pop up message still remains.

Hi,

please be patient and follow my instructions carefully:

1.] uninstall PTC Creo Parametric, PTC Creo Platform Agent, PTC Diagnostic Tools, Then remove C:\Program Files\PTC directory.

2.] run clean installation (use license file located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory)

3.] run tree "C:\Program Files\PTC" /F /A > %TEMP%\Creo_list.txt command in Command prompt window and send me Creo_list.txt file

4.] send me parametric.bat renamed to parametric.txt

5.] run Creo and check whether error message appears (send me screenshot)

6.] wait for my reply

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Hi,

if you have access to old HDD then you can find there license file valid for your computer. It is located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory.

You can copy license file to SDD to directory of your choice and use browse button in installer window to select it.

Note: Entering of Product code is not necessary.

MartinHanak_0-1690960372152.png

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I successfully found and activated the license and now I have problem with Creo Agent (Creo Agent did not initialize correctly. Please contact technical support if the issue persists). I tried with creosvcs_64.exe and the issue and pop-up note remains even if I turn off and on the computer. It's working (not like before - the programme closed automatically), but I am still worried about the notification I am getting.

Thank you for you quick reply.

Gregor Mišmaš

@Gregor_Mismas wrote:

Hi,

I successfully found and activated the license and now I have problem with Creo Agent (Creo Agent did not initialize correctly. Please contact technical support if the issue persists). I tried with creosvcs_64.exe and the issue and pop-up note remains even if I turn off and on the computer. It's working (not like before - the programme closed automatically), but I am still worried about the notification I am getting.

Thank you for you quick reply.

Gregor Mišmaš

Hi,

creosvcs_64.exe installs PTC Creo Platform Agent item.

Student version of Creo requires PTC Diagnostic Tools item, too. Use qualityagent_64.msi installer to install it.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I tried to run the qualityagent_64.msi, but the issue remains or it causes more problems and closes Creo when opening it. I have no clue what to do. Is there any problems if I get notification about the Agent and the programme is runing normally then?

Gregor

@Gregor_Mismas wrote:

Hi,

I tried to run the qualityagent_64.msi, but the issue remains or it causes more problems and closes Creo when opening it. I have no clue what to do. Is there any problems if I get notification about the Agent and the programme is runing normally then?

Gregor

... the answer to your question is ... it depends...

If you saved your license file to safe place, then i would recommend to uninstall all Creo items, PTC Creo Platform Agent, PTC Diagnostic Tools, Then remove all remnants from C:\Program Files\PTC directory and run clean installation.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

thank you for all the help I have ran a clean installation and have the same results, I will try how long it will work like this and then try again to install it over again. You were really helpful and had great recommendations and answers. Really best experience with "forum" like support ever.

All the best for you,

Gregor

@Gregor_Mismas wrote:

Hi,

thank you for all the help I have ran a clean installation and have the same results, I will try how long it will work like this and then try again to install it over again. You were really helpful and had great recommendations and answers. Really best experience with "forum" like support ever.

All the best for you,

Gregor

Hi,

if displayed error message is related to Creo Platform Agent then you can try following action. Please next time publish a picture of windows containing the message.

Below placed information is related to my installation.

• Creo installation directory ... E:\PTC\Creo7_050
  • I modified E:\PTC\Creo7_050\Creo 7.0.5.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf file in Notepad
  • I added two following lines at the end of parametric.psf file
ENV=CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=E:\PTC\Creo7_050\Creo\Agent\creoagent.exe
ENV=CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST=E:\PTC\Creo7_050\Creo\Platform\7\manifests
  • you have to modify paths according your installation

Martin Hanák

Hi,

sorry for delayed response but we had floods and I didn't you computer that much. I had tried the sollution you have written and it didn't work for me.

I still get this message everytime I open the Creo.

GM_7888061_0-1691868420867.png

Is there any possibility it will work if I do new installation and request for new license?

Gregor

@Gregor_Mismas wrote:

Hi,

sorry for delayed response but we had floods and I didn't you computer that much. I had tried the sollution you have written and it didn't work for me.

I still get this message everytime I open the Creo.

GM_7888061_0-1691868420867.png

Is there any possibility it will work if I do new installation and request for new license?

Gregor

Hi,

a fresh install probably won't help.

Please upload your parametric.psf file and also following information.

Open Command prompt and run command tree C:\Program Files\PTC /F /A > %TEMP%\Creo_list.txt

In File Explorer go to %TEMP% directory and locate Creo_list.txt. Upload this file.

I will check the contents of both files and let you know.

Martin Hanák

tree C:\Program Files\PTC /F /A > %TEMP%\Creo_list.txt

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I transformed the psf file to txt so it would let me attached it. I hope I done it right. (I updated to 10, but the problems stays the same)

Gregor

@Gregor_Mismas wrote:

Hi,

I transformed the psf file to txt so it would let me attached it. I hope I done it right. (I updated to 10, but the problems stays the same)

Gregor

Hi,

I am sorry I missed space character in the path. Please run following command and send me Creo_list.txt file, again.

tree "C:\Program Files\PTC" /F /A > %TEMP%\Creo_list.txt

You missed my earlier reply. See picture. I attached modified parametric.txt file. You have to modify paths on last two lines according your "situation".

MartinHanak_0-1692171056406.png

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I have seen your previous reply, but when I reinstalled Creo the changes were overwritten, but I discovered I don´t have folder named Agent inside the folder in Program files. I already ran all the neccessary update and installation packs for diagnostic tools and agent. Creo works but the pop up message still remains.

@Gregor_Mismas wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

please be patient and follow my instructions carefully:

1.] uninstall PTC Creo Parametric, PTC Creo Platform Agent, PTC Diagnostic Tools, Then remove C:\Program Files\PTC directory.

2.] run clean installation (use license file located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory)

3.] run tree "C:\Program Files\PTC" /F /A > %TEMP%\Creo_list.txt command in Command prompt window and send me Creo_list.txt file

4.] send me parametric.bat renamed to parametric.txt

5.] run Creo and check whether error message appears (send me screenshot)

6.] wait for my reply

Martin Hanák

Hi,

somehow the new installation today work I do not know what I did differently but it runs without pop up message.

Thank you for all the affort you put into problem solving with me.

All the best,

Gregor

Gregor_Mismas_0-1692726014361.png

Top Tags