cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Cannot see all fonts from windows fonts folder when creating sketch

Lecso11
3-Visitor

Cannot see all fonts from windows fonts folder when creating sketch

I would like to write the text HONDA with the Honda font on a part. I found the font online in ttf format, installed it on my computer (word sees it). I added pro_font_dir paramater to the config and pointed it to the default windows font directory. I restarted Creo and I can see now a lot of the windows font in the list when I create the text sketch, but the Honda font is missing. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Lecso11 wrote:

The issue was the font itself. While Microsoft Word could use it, Adobe Illustrator and Creo couldn't. These seem to be more sensitive for the quality of the fonts.
My solution was to create a vector from a logo in Adobe Illustrator, save as dwg, convert that to iges and import it as a Creo sketch, and then I could extrude it.

Hi,

• I copied Honda Font.ttf to E:\PTC\Creo9_020\Creo 9.0.2.0\Common Files\text\fonts directory

MartinHanak_2-1699888878114.png

In Creo Parametric 9.0.2.0 I am able to create a sketch feature.

MartinHanak_1-1699888825491.png

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Lecso11)

Articles:

Hi,

• I downloaded font file from https://fontsgeek.com/fonts/Honda-Regular page
  • I unzipped downloaded honda-regular_CikgX.zip file
  • I copied Honda Regular.ttf to E:\PTC\Creo9_020\Creo 9.0.2.0\Common Files\text\fonts directory

MartinHanak_0-1699725369580.png

Note: You do not have to install the font into Windows to use it in Creo.

Martin Hanák

This is not the font I used.
Try this one please and report back: https://www.dafontfree.io/honda-logo-font/

Lecso11
3-Visitor
(To:Lecso11)

The issue was the font itself. While Microsoft Word could use it, Adobe Illustrator and Creo couldn't. These seem to be more sensitive for the quality of the fonts.
My solution was to create a vector from a logo in Adobe Illustrator, save as dwg, convert that to iges and import it as a Creo sketch, and then I could extrude it.

@Lecso11 wrote:

Hi,

• I copied Honda Font.ttf to E:\PTC\Creo9_020\Creo 9.0.2.0\Common Files\text\fonts directory

MartinHanak_2-1699888878114.png

MartinHanak_1-1699888825491.png

Martin Hanák

You are absolutely right. I was looking for Honda font, not NewWGL4Font in the list. This is the solution.

Top Tags