cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo 9.0 setup file not opening

AD_10394512
3-Visitor

Creo 9.0 setup file not opening

I am trying to install creo 9.0 student version but when I open the setup file or any other .exe file it dosent open at all, I have tried literally everything available on the internet (at least whatever I found),the old soln for creo7 and 4 dosent work here, someone help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I GOT INNNN !!!!
I had already done the C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing data deletion thing but it didnt work 
This time I made sure my antivirus was disabled throught the process of download and install but still got an error which was I guess the data collection box not being ticked by me so I reconfigured and checked the box and thats it I got in
Thank You for your help !!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@AD_10394512 wrote:

I am trying to install creo 9.0 student version but when I open the setup file or any other .exe file it dosent open at all, I have tried literally everything available on the internet (at least whatever I found),the old soln for creo7 and 4 dosent work here, someone help 

Hi,

please provide more information (attach pictures if it helps to understand the problem):

• computer HW specification
  • operating system version
  • description of installation steps
  • check Event Viewer for errors
  • try running setup.exe from Command prompt window

Martin Hanák

I have lenovo ideapad s340 (I have used creo 9 before on this laptop and it works well, it has windows 11)

I downloaded the files from the link which we are given in the pdf file (https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academicFree.jsp)
in a folder named 'creo' in my C drive and extracted it there itself, then tried opening the setup but it didnt work, also tried directly opening the setup from the zip file 

I dunno much about the event viewer I'll watch some youtube and see if it helps 

Also I opened the setup while my task manager was open in the side, it shows that the ptc installation smth comes up but then just disappears

I've also downloaded creo 10.0 and its set up opens and has no problem in installation but in that it says the student license
( BK900908EDSTUDENTEDUNI ) is not supported for that version ( one of my friends did same with creo 10 and got in, no problem with license invalid )

I have used creo 9.0 for 1 yr before and my 1yr trial ended on 24 Aug and I didnt know how to renew so I just thought of redownloading the whole thing, though I dont think the setup file problem is bcoz of that, also can you tell how to renew the student version 

Hi,

my suggestions follow:

1.] install Creo 10.0

You have to use instructions in https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo10_unistudent_standard.pdf

Product code is BK100908EDSTUDENTEDUNI

You must go to C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory and delete all the older licenses (you can also move them to another folder until the Creo 10.0 is installed). After the folder is empty you can proceed with the next step.

2.] modify parametric.psf in Creo 9.0 installation in Parametric\bin sub-directory

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=path_to_Creo10_license_file

path_to_Creo10_license_file is probably equal to C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK100908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license.dat

Martin Hanák

I GOT INNNN !!!!
I had already done the C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing data deletion thing but it didnt work 
This time I made sure my antivirus was disabled throught the process of download and install but still got an error which was I guess the data collection box not being ticked by me so I reconfigured and checked the box and thats it I got in
Thank You for your help !!!

Top Tags