cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo File version mismatching installed Student Edition

KS_10410271
3-Visitor

Creo File version mismatching installed Student Edition

Hello,

I have been having problems with my Creo 9 (Student Edition) installation.

When I try to open the Surface Finish Gallery or the Hatching Configurator I keep getting the warning that the corresponding file "was created with a commercial version of Creo Parametric and is not compatible with the Creo Parametric Student Edition (for educational use only) you are running." after which the program shuts down completely.
I am sure this problem extends beyond the mentioned configuration files.

A re-installation of Creo did not fix this (neither did a second one).

There has not been any other version of Creo installed on my computer, nor have I uses any other license apart from the Student license I am currently using.
Is there a way to fix this problem?
Is it even wise to use the most recent version of Creo or are previous versions generally more stable?

Thanks in advance for any input.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Sadly these files that used to be in a neutral format got changed and your student edition can't open commercial files.

Simple solution is to simply run setup.exe again and choose reconfigure existing software. Use this product code: 

BE900908EDSTUDENTEDK12

and finish the reconfiguration process. This should fix this issue.

Thanks,

Alex

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Alex_Cazacu 

please can you verify reported problem ?

Martin Hanák

image.png

Hi,

please be patient. I hope Alex will respond soon.

Martin Hanák

Hello,

Sadly these files that used to be in a neutral format got changed and your student edition can't open commercial files.

Simple solution is to simply run setup.exe again and choose reconfigure existing software. Use this product code: 

BE900908EDSTUDENTEDK12

and finish the reconfiguration process. This should fix this issue.

Thanks,

Alex

Hello,

the problem seems to be resolved as far as I can see.

Thanks, Konrad

Top Tags