cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo installation stuck at 'processing'

MD_10326806
6-Contributor

Creo installation stuck at 'processing'

Hi,

I was using Creo 6, 7 and 8 as a member of a formula student team. But recently I reinstalled windows and when I am trying to install any version of Creo, after entering the product code it is stuck at 'processing'. I tried disabling firewall and ipv6 of my router, no success.

I am kinda desperate now as I am not able to work properly without Creo....

29 REPLIES 29

Hi,

Did you follow the steps in this tip? Tip - "Creo Trial 8.0 Player stops paging at certain Percentage": https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Education-Forum/Creo-Trial-8-0-Player-stops-paging-at-certain-Percentage/m-p/732282#M12113

MD_10326806
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

My internet connection is stable. My problem is completely different as I said, installer is stuck at the licence page at 'processing'.

@MD_10326806 wrote:

My internet connection is stable. My problem is completely different as I said, installer is stuck at the licence page at 'processing'.

Hi,

did you try to enter your product code in Simple License Entry section ?

Martin Hanák

Yes, didn't work. Tried skipping licence during install, then opened reconfigure and install licence there but that didn't work either...

same here, exactly same situation, i tried creo 6 and creo 9. System win11, school premium license. I disabled random hardware address, restart FlexNET service....

I occasionnally get this log file, 

-------------------------------------------------
The trace creation timestamp is: Sat Aug 13 01:50:56 22
The executable build timestamp is: Thu Jun 06 15:03:22 19
The datecode is: NA
The pro machine type is: NA
The process ID is: NA
The traceback type is : CRASH
-------------------------------------------------
Exception EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION has occurred in the thread 4892.

@MD_10326806 wrote:

Yes, didn't work. Tried skipping licence during install, then opened reconfigure and install licence there but that didn't work either...

Hi,

you mentioned that you reinstalled Windows. Is the new Windows version the same as the previous one ? In other words, is something different than it was before?

You can also:

• Prior to installation set Environment Variable PIM_DEBUG to True
  • Look into installation log pim_installmgr.log in C:\Users\<username>\Documents directory

Martin Hanák

I only did a full system recovery so it should be the same. 

Thanks Martin, you always give me great advise, I didn't know there's a hidden environment variable for log file before.
Really interesting problem here, it's like stuck with server communication or auth, .....I attached log file.

pimPTCLicenseGet::HeartBeat Start
pimPTCLicenseGet::HeartBeat NeedsAuth
pimPTCLicenseGet::HeartBeat FlexLoop Start
Using the machine identification [ EE-45-BF-46-06-58,  ] for license request to ptc.com
Check for license file to be ready for download.
Using the license identification [ EE-45-BF-46-06-58 ] for license request to ptc.com
gchen2_0-1660517591462.png

@gchen-2 wrote:
Thanks Martin, you always give me great advise, I didn't know there's a hidden environment variable for log file before.
Really interesting problem here, it's like stuck with server communication or auth, .....I attached log file.

pimPTCLicenseGet::HeartBeat NeedsAuth
Using the machine identification [ EE-45-BF-46-06-58,  ] for license request to ptc.com
Using the license identification [ EE-45-BF-46-06-58 ] for license request to ptc.com
gchen2_0-1660517591462.png

@Alex_Cazacu ,

please can you do an investigation concerning reported problem ?

Martin Hanák

Got the exakt same problem including the same logfile entry, doing 

until eternity.
Thanks for looking into it!

Christoph Mueller

@CM_9045366 wrote:

Got the exakt same problem including the same logfile entry, doing 

until eternity.
Thanks for looking into it!

Christoph Mueller

Hi,

I am not able to help you, maybe @Alex_Cazacu can check whether license generator works well.

Martin Hanák

Hi,
If he could look into it, would be really great, because i'm really also running out of options (Antivirus/Firewall switched off, Other user etc. tried everything)
Best regards,
Christoph Mueller

Tried firewall stuff too, also tried to play with exexploit protection list, lmgrd or lmtools seems to be unusual as before (tho flexnet licensing service is running). 

JoeHigham
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Same thing is happening for me.

Regards,

Joe Higham

@JoeHigham wrote:

Same thing is happening for me.

Regards,

Joe Higham

Hi,

I am sorry I cannot resolve your problem. I am a regular Creo user, not a PTC employee.

Martin Hanák
JoeHigham
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Oops - sorry! Just wanted to let someone know I'm in the same boat. Hopefully someone from PTC will be able to come up with a solution.

Hello,

Please contact academicsupport@ptc.com. You need to send them the Host ID (Mac address of the ethernet) and also the product code used.

Thanks,

Alex

Not going to work because Creo installer doesn't allow me to choose MAC Address when i use license file directly. It always pick up a random one such as virtual adapter. I have to install a couple license file for ethernet, wifi, TAP tunnel...and cross my finger everytime i boot creo, hope it can detect license with cooresponded MAC. Takes roughly 5 mins trying everytime my computer goes to sleep or restart Creo now. 

But, I mean, Abdul from academic support does help me a lot, he provides a great temporary fix, a light chance of having license is always better than nothing LOL. But yes, we are still waiting for a full fix with stacking installation. I cannot let every students send all their MAC Address to Abdul....it's going to be nighmare.

Meanwhile I tried Creo 6 and 7 installer with multiple product keys, same thing happened ...

I don't think we can do anything at the moment, I feel like it is caused by how windows handling MAC Address and win11 changes their virtuallization security too. Installer is not able to pick up the correct Host ID, and something wrong with server side too i guess. Abdul is trying to help me manually generate license from PTC directly. But due to the MAC Address installer picking up is a virtual network adapter, Windows change that every couple hours randomly, Need a way to manually change Host ID Setip in Advanced License Entry and ask Abdul with your real physical MAC. In the meantime, cross fingers and enjoy onshape......

So will this ever be fixed and are we somehow the only PTC users affected by this?
(If it would apply to all PTC installers, you would think a fix would be on the way...?)

maybe not all users, but happens to all friends i know, we all on win 11, not sure if it happens on win10.

At least it's a known issue now to PTC, hopefully a fix would come. Count down to school starts, not going to look good next week. Next year should definitely renew license in early July.

Hello,

We are investigating this issue. Please submit a request to academicsupport@ptc.com

Send the Mac address and the product code and my colleagues will send you the license file.

Thank you for raising this issue.

~Alex

Hi

My Creo 6  installation is also stuck at 'processing'.

This is my first time installing it and i don´t know what to do. 

Please submit a request to academicsupport@ptc.com

Send the Mac address and the product code and my colleagues will send you the license file.

Got my license file within 12 hours that way, works great and thanks for the support - nevertheless i'm a bit stunned that you were not able to fix this within two months...

The fix should be available at the beginning of next week. 🙂

Hello Alex,

I am having this issue right now. Was this actually fixed or should I go through the means mentioned above?

Where can we find the fix?

Top Tags