cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

I am unsure what constraints to use to satisfy a general model to simulate servo movement in Creo.

avijayakumar
1-Newbie

I am unsure what constraints to use to satisfy a general model to simulate servo movement in Creo.

I have tried several different methods of constraining the whole robot but I still run into this error. Please advise.

important picture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I was able to open the models you supplied and noticed your first component in the assembly has no constraints. This is a critical problem. You CANNOT leave the first component in the assembly unconstrained. I tried changing it to be Default, but then the location of many other components becomes jumbled up. I tired to set the first component to FIX constraint, which would keep it in its current location, but many of the components in the arm assembly become jumbled up.

My suggestion would be to go through the assemble one-by-one, starting at the first component to ensure all the components are assembled with proper constraints. There are many components in this assembly that are not properly constrained which is causing the parts to move around and the mechanism to fail. You will not be able to use Mechanism mode on this model until all the placement issues are resolved.

first_component.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It sounds like you have some conflicting kinematic constraints in your assembly. If you are not sure where they are, I would start rolling back the model to try and pinpoint the problem. In Creo Parametric, click on the Configure Tree icon above the model tree and check mark Features if it is not already checked. Now you should see the red arrow in the model tree. Drag this arrow UP in the model tree to temporarily suppress newer items. Try rolling back half way and see if the problem component is removed by going to Mechanism mode.

Another tip, make sure the Suppressed Items is checked in the model tree configuration. That will allow you to bring back components one at a time to try and find which one is causing the problem.

creo_assy_constraints.jpg

Hi, I was able to open the models you supplied and noticed your first component in the assembly has no constraints. This is a critical problem. You CANNOT leave the first component in the assembly unconstrained. I tried changing it to be Default, but then the location of many other components becomes jumbled up. I tired to set the first component to FIX constraint, which would keep it in its current location, but many of the components in the arm assembly become jumbled up.

My suggestion would be to go through the assemble one-by-one, starting at the first component to ensure all the components are assembled with proper constraints. There are many components in this assembly that are not properly constrained which is causing the parts to move around and the mechanism to fail. You will not be able to use Mechanism mode on this model until all the placement issues are resolved.

first_component.jpg

Top Tags