cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Lauching setup.exe and nothing happens

Ludo_ENSMM
4-Participant

Lauching setup.exe and nothing happens

Hello

I downloaded the 4 Gb zip "MED-100WIN-CD-430_6-0-2-0_Win64" and unzipped it. When I disable my anti-virus and try to open "setup.exe" as an administrator, nothing happens... I tried many times. My Computer OS is Windows 10 and I'm trying to install CREO 6.0
Can someone help me ?

Thank you in advance for your answer,
Have a nice day !
18 REPLIES 18

Hi,

maybe the problem is related to network card(s).

Please run ipconfig  /all > ip.txt command in Command prompt window and upload ip.txt file. I can check its contents.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Thanks for answering, I did that, it's in french because my computer is configurated in french so I'm sorry for that.

I've uploaded the ip.txt file.

Thanks,

Ludovic

Hi,

suggestions:

1.] switch you user environment to English

2.] disable IPv6 protocol

3.] set primary DNS server to 8.8.8.8

Martin Hanák

Hi, I did that, here is the file. I tried to launch setup.exe after disabling the anti-virus but still nothing.

Ludovic.

@Ludo_ENSMM wrote:

Hi, I did that, here is the file. I tried to launch setup.exe after disabling the anti-virus but still nothing.

Ludovic.

Hi,

1.] NOTE: I've never had to disable my antivirus (Eset NOD32)

2.] in my ipconfig output

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :  item is empty

Try removing home value from following line in your ipconfig output somehow

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home

3.] in my ipconfig output

DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : item is missing

Try removing following line in your ipconfig output somehow

DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : home

4.] look into Event viewer ... maybe you will find some error message related to setup.exe

5.] try launching setup-schools.exe (cancel it if installer window appears)

6.] try installing additional software from install\addon directory ... if it fails, then the unpacked installation media is probably damaged

NOTE: I use 7-zip 9.20 to unzip PTC zip-files.

Martin Hanák

Thanks for answering me. I did all the things you asked me to.

Lauching "setup-schools.exe" does nothing... same as "setup.exe" but for additional software it works so the unpacked installation media isn't damaged...

Ludovic

@Ludo_ENSMM wrote:

Thanks for answering me. I did all the things you asked me to.

Lauching "setup-schools.exe" does nothing... same as "setup.exe" but for additional software it works so the unpacked installation media isn't damaged...

Ludovic

Hi,

is your Windows 10 Home Edition 32-bit or 64-bit ? Only 64-bit is supported !!!

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Of course it is 64-bit 🙂

Hi,

look into Event viewer ... maybe you will find some error message related to setup.exe

Martin Hanák

Yes I just found it, shall I send it to you ?

Thanks.

Hi,

why not try it?

Martin Hanák

I just found the problem and created a new local user on my computer. On this user I could launch the setup.exe

Thanks you a lot for your help !!

Congratulation to you 🙂

Martin Hanák

I have the same problem.

I can't start the Setup.exe file either. First the normal Windows prompt appears asking if you want to install it. But then nothing happens.

I have Windows 10 Version 1909, 64bit

Enclosed my IP.txt file.

If I have to change something - where exactly do I have to change it - but not in the txt file...?

I'd appreciate it if you could help me, too

@gtjgtj wrote:

I have the same problem.

I can't start the Setup.exe file either. First the normal Windows prompt appears asking if you want to install it. But then nothing happens.

I have Windows 10 Version 1909, 64bit

Enclosed my IP.txt file.

If I have to change something - where exactly do I have to change it - but not in the txt file...?

I'd appreciate it if you could help me, too

Hi,

1.]

User named Ludo_ENSMM resolve his problem by creation a new local user on his computer. Did you try this tip ?

2.]

I do not understand why your active LAN connection is ... Ethernet-Adapter Ethernet 3 network card (Physical Address: 9C-EB-E8-45-D6-9D) ... do you have notebook plugged in docking station ?

3.]

If I were you I would disable all network cards (physical and virtual) except Ethernet-Adapter Ethernet 3 network card (Physical Address: 9C-EB-E8-45-D6-9D) and uninstall/install Creo. This procedure should force Creo installer to generate license related to MAC address of WiFi network card.

Before you start installation, check whether C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory is empty.

The directory does not exist if you install Creo for the first time.]

4.]

Please read uploaded PDF documents.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your answer 🙂

To 1)
No, I have not tried that. Because I do not want to add a second user to my computer.

To 2) and 3)
Actually I have a docking station on my laptop. I have undocked the docking station and deactivated the corresponding Ethernet card in the device manager (Dell GigabitEthernet - s. attached image) and rebooted the computer.
The LAN cable is now plugged into the laptop so that I can use its Ethernet card.
Result: None. Still nothing happens after starting Setup.exe.

In the Device manager i see 12 entries. Which is the only one I have to keep active?
And even if I found that one, what effect will it have on the rest of my laptop?
It's too unsafe for me to try...
Because I don't know any better, I activated the Dell Gigabit Ethernet again...

The directory "C: \ ProgramData \ PTC \ Licensing" does not exist, because I could not install creo until now.

To 4)
Of course I read the PDF documents 🙂

Is there another way to start the setup.exe file?

Stay healthy

@gtjgtj wrote:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your answer 🙂

To 1)
No, I have not tried that. Because I do not want to add a second user to my computer.

To 2) and 3)
Actually I have a docking station on my laptop. I have undocked the docking station and deactivated the corresponding Ethernet card in the device manager (Dell GigabitEthernet - s. attached image) and rebooted the computer.
The LAN cable is now plugged into the laptop so that I can use its Ethernet card.
Result: None. Still nothing happens after starting Setup.exe.

In the Device manager i see 12 entries. Which is the only one I have to keep active?
And even if I found that one, what effect will it have on the rest of my laptop?
It's too unsafe for me to try...
Because I don't know any better, I activated the Dell Gigabit Ethernet again...

The directory "C: \ ProgramData \ PTC \ Licensing" does not exist, because I could not install creo until now.

To 4)
Of course I read the PDF documents 🙂

Is there another way to start the setup.exe file?

Stay healthy

Hi,

I have no other suggestion.

NOTE: I do not understand why are you afraid to create a new admin user temporarily.

Martin Hanák

Hi there, 

I had this same problem yesterday. In my case, the problem was that the installation folder was in the "downloads" folder.

As soon as I moved it to C: and launched again the install.exe, everything worked fine.

Hope it helps someone (or at least my future me in a couple of years 😉

Top Tags