cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Relicensing Guides

aabdulkarim
11-Garnet
32 REPLIES 32

We have several installs of Creo Parametric 3.0 M040 that we installed exactly one year ago for use with a First Robotics team.  All of the licenses have expired at this point.

Both of the relicensing gudes above (standard and premium) indicate that there should be a "reconfigure.exe" under the C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M040\Parametric\bin folder.

Reconfigure.exe is not there.

How do we reconfigure for another year?

Didn't see any Reconfigure.exe in the file too

nrensing
5-Regular Member
(To:aabdulkarim)

I got the process to work,  but I also had to delete the old expired license files to make it run (and remove the reference to them in the lower pane of the reconfigure program, by clicking on the minus sign.) 

After downloading creo and following the steps provided, every time i enter in the product code BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12 into the simple license entry i get the login details option which i enter. After this point it looks as if the programme will continue until in stops responding and shows error?

Hi Ciaran,

We have an issue with the licensing in our system and we are working to fix it as soon as we can.

In mean time, you can run setup.exe>Install New Software>Next>Accept Agreement>Next>in the Simple License Entry product code, enter the Product code (BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12)>click install licensing (you might get a red error (Invalid Requestid))> check your email and you should receive a license> save the license on your computer>then drag it to the License Summary box. if you see any license in the License Summary box, click minus to remove them. Wait for license to be available>next>install>after the installation is complete>click finish.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi

I've been trying to follow the steps suggested in the different emails and hoped Abdul's idea would work.  Unfortunately, we aren't able to get CREO to run.  It looks like everything has worked, but we can't open the software.

The message is:

License request failed for feature

​Any suggestions?

I'm seeing something similar - its very frustrating. Licenses have expired on the 30 computers used by students and I can't find a way to get this to work again. The Robot FIRST team now have only 2 computers to work with. Is there a way to completely clear everything related to licensing and install PTC afresh?

Hi Garry,

Which version of Croe are you trying to install? If you are trying to install Creo 2.0 Academic or Creo 3.0 Premium, you will need to submit an academic request form to receive license codes.

Capture.PNG

m getting this error

the licence i got via email is for creo 3.0

n installed version is creo 4.0

what should i do?????????//

Hi,

1. remove all license files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory
  2. uninstall all pieces of Creo 4.0
  3. lasunch setup.exe and install Creo 4.0 once again
  4. use one of following Product codes

K-12       students can use Product code BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12
University students can use Product code BK410705EDSTUDENTUNICL

Martin Hanák

I'm having the same problem as last year, I'm unable to get a schools license renewed on computers where the 1 year license has expired.

Last year we upgraded to newer computers so were able to avoid this issue.

After uninstalling Creo 3.0 and deleting the license file, I installed Creo 4.0 (running setup-schools.exe) and entered my account username and password when prompted. Creo 4.0 Installs successfully but isn't properly licensed, the license file thats generated seems to be for Creo 3.0.

What steps can I take to get a license file for Creo 4.0 standard standalone for schools.

We will eventually want this for 15 computers.

gfabb
3-Visitor
(To:gfabb)

I received an email with Backup license file - this email refers to Creo 3.0 even though I downloaded and installed Creo 4.0.

gfabb
3-Visitor

The process works if I download and install Creo 3.0.

It would be nice to get the newer version but if a license isn't available for 4.0 this should work fine.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

please follow procedure described in my reply from 2017-10-04 08:13 PM.

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin,

Following the advice from last year in this thread, I'd been running setup-schools.exe,  this doesn't give the option of entering the product key.

When running setup.exe I see the option of entering the key and then all installs and activates as planned.

Thanks again

nrensing
5-Regular Member

I saw similar behavior, and what I did was to run reconfigure.exe and delete (by clicking on the minus sign) the references to all the "available" licenses that it was trying to use. Before going to the next step, I found all the expired license files on my disk and deleted them. I can't remember if at that point I just went to the next step or if I restarted the reconfigure program, but things went better from that point on.

Hi,

Could you please provide a screenshot of the issue?

Hi Abdul,

Its ptc Creo3. The license expired for 34 computers that this was installed on; 4 that were installed at a later date are still working fine - the license on those hasn't yet expired.. When opening Creo I get the license expired error on a  “Warning Message List” pop-up.

1. Running the exe again and removing the expired licenses from the summary box enabled me to apply a new license by after entering username and password, but when  opening the software I still got the ‘expired license error.

2. Next I uninstalled all ptc applications using ADD/remove programs, deleted all remaining ptc files, rebooted and reinstalled ptc creo 3 – same results.

3. Next reimaged the computer and ran the install from scratch – same results.

4. Next installed on a completely different computer – works fine for that one.

The error messages refer to the computers MAC address is the creo license manager using this to determine that the old license has expired?

This might explain why it works on computers that have never had the install before.

@ptc license error.PNG

gfabb
3-Visitor

Forget the MAC address idea, it seems the computer that was re-imaged had its main board changed at the same time; LAN is on-board so the MAC address is different from when ptc was originally installed.

Hi Garry,

It looks like you are trying to install Creo 3.0 Schools Standard. So, you have to run setup-schools.exe not setup.exe. If you still have a problem, please send an email to - with a description of the issue and provide a phone number. I will call you and solve your issue.

bpenza
5-Regular Member
(To:aabdulkarim)

Hi Abdul,

Using PTC/Creo 2.0 academic version here at Holy Name High School .

Have  been using this software for about 4 years now in the classroom.

Today all the clients and the server are failing on the license screen.

Clients say the 7788@cproom01 (-96) License server machine is down or not responding.

The server says the License is invalid.

I have tried several times reinstalling a backup license with no luck.

We have about 25 clients and 1 Server  all down.

This happened about 2 years ago and we got an updated license and all was well again.

Please help if you can.   My class is completely down today.

Thanks

-Brett Penza

Holy Name High School

Worcester, MA

Hi,

if server says the License is invalid then I expect it is network card problem. Look into license file ... on SERVER line you will find PTC_HOSTID, this means MAC address of network card.

Open Command Prompt window and run ipconfig  /all command. Look for PTC_HOSTID in command output. If it is not present then (probably) the valid network card has been disabled.

Note: Academic licenses are not permanent, expiration date is written on INCREMENT line.

MH

Martin Hanák

I'm using windows 10 and the reconfigure.exe doesn't run.

I've tried selecting run as admin and is still doesn't work. My cursor changes to loading for a second or so then nothing opens.

Any ideas? Or can I update my license manually?

Hi,

if I were you I would try new installation of Creo into new (this means different) installation directory.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you,

This saved me when working on a procrastinated assignment.  Had a mild panic attack when creo would not open due to licensing.

Dear Abdul Abdulkarim,

students can download Creo 4.0 from https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academicFree.jsp page. Unfortunately nobody knows Product code for Creo 4.0. Please can you resolve this problem ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I don't think, the free edition of Creo 4.0 University Student is available for university students.

Abdul

Hi,

please can you explain why Creo 4.0 download link is available on https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academicFree.jsp page ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Abdul Abdulkarim,

please can you reply, whether are you able to get information when Creo 4.0 Product Codes will be released ?

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags