cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Solidify problem

CG_10797663
4-Participant

Solidify problem

Screenshot 2024-02-09 alle 10.34.04.pngwhen I go to solidify the object, it tells me that the body is without geometry, how can I solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

quilt selected as reference of Solidify feature must be closed. This means all its edges must be two-sided and there must be no gap in the geometry. If you display geometry No hidden mode then all edges must be dark violet. If you can see pink edge, then geometry is not closed. See following picture.

MartinHanak_0-1707480799583.png

Solution: Use Merge feature to close gaps and create closed volume. Then apply Solidify.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

quilt selected as reference of Solidify feature must be closed. This means all its edges must be two-sided and there must be no gap in the geometry. If you display geometry No hidden mode then all edges must be dark violet. If you can see pink edge, then geometry is not closed. See following picture.

MartinHanak_0-1707480799583.png

Solution: Use Merge feature to close gaps and create closed volume. Then apply Solidify.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags