cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Subassembly with mechanism connection treated as ground body in main assembly?

Pagzma
6-Contributor

Subassembly with mechanism connection treated as ground body in main assembly?

edit:  After many hours of trial and error, I finally "kinda" figured it out a bit of a hack that works but doesn't really make me that happy.  I'm now pinning the subassembly to the main body instead of fully constraining it, and then setting the limits of rotation to a minimum of 0 and a maximum of .01 degrees.  This tells Creo to treat the subassembly as a separate body, and the mechanism on the subassembly becomes a third body which works as intended.  I think if a weld connection might work as well, but I don't fully understand how to use them yet and I haven't had a chance to test it.

Hi.  I'm new to Creo.

I have created a subassembly in which a part moves via a pin connection.

I then included that subassembly in my main assembly.  The part is attached to the ground body.  When I attempt to move the pinned connection on the subassembly, I'm told the entire thing is part of the ground body.

Is there any way to fix this other than to remove the pinned parts from the subassembly and pin them to the ground body in the main assembly?

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags