cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Transferring a license to another network card

AH_10312883
2-Guest

Transferring a license to another network card

hello, the computer has 2 network cards. The creo license file contains the MAC address of the wireless card. I removed the wireless network card and Creo started asking for a license. In the license file, I changed the MAC address to a wired card, but that didn't help. How can I change the binding to a wired network card? CREO 7

3 REPLIES 3

@AH_10312883 wrote:

hello, the computer has 2 network cards. The creo license file contains the MAC address of the wireless card. I removed the wireless network card and Creo started asking for a license. In the license file, I changed the MAC address to a wired card, but that didn't help. How can I change the binding to a wired network card? CREO 7

Hi,

the best solution = return wireless network card back into the computer.

Alternative ... uninstall / install Creo (enter the same Product code). Do not forget to remove all license files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory before starting new installation.

Martin Hanák

And why is the best way to return the card? now the license file has an expiration date + 2 years. Those. Did the counter reset? Or will the license expire unexpectedly?

#Issue Date = 17-MAY-2022
#Expiration Date = 17-MAY-2024

I didn't reinstall Creo, I just deleted the license file and got a new one through the "setup". There is a difference ?

@AH_10312883 wrote:

And why is the best way to return the card? now the license file has an expiration date + 2 years. Those. Did the counter reset? Or will the license expire unexpectedly?

#Issue Date = 17-MAY-2022
#Expiration Date = 17-MAY-2024

I didn't reinstall Creo, I just deleted the license file and got a new one through the "setup". There is a difference ?

Hi,

my reply was related to free Student license (Product codes BE800908EDSTUDENTEDK12, BK800908EDSTUDENTEDUNI). You probably bought some other Student license. Therefore you can forget my former reply.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags