cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

cant install or open creo 7 student

CR_9352367
3-Visitor

cant install or open creo 7 student

hello, 

when i tried to open creo nothing happened, neither as admin, in the taskbar or as a shortcut. Waiting didn't help either and nothing was visible in the task manager either. the wheel next to the mouse pointer opened briefly but then disappeared again shortly afterwards.

now i have completely uninstalled creo and wanted to install it again, but now the setup.exe file cannot be opened after extracting it. the wheel next to the mouse pointer appears briefly again, but then disappears again immediately.
If you run it twice in quick succession as an administrator, an error message appears that the program must first be closed. setup.exe does not work even after restarting several times.

my setup: win 11 laptop with enough power to run creo 7 because i recently designed with creo but from one day to the next creo would not start anymore

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

my suggestion:

• create C:\tmp\CREOinstall directory
  • move the contents of MED* directory into C:\tmp\CREOinstall directory
  • select setup.exe, press right mouse button and use Run as administrator command

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

on your picture, the path to directory where setup.exe is located is not visible. Please show the path.

Martin Hanák

creo 2.png

Hi,

my suggestion:

• create C:\tmp\CREOinstall directory
  • move the contents of MED* directory into C:\tmp\CREOinstall directory
  • select setup.exe, press right mouse button and use Run as administrator command

Martin Hanák
Top Tags