cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

ho to download creo 3.0 to my desktop. i am a student and i've already registred to PTC but i havent received the softwre code or licnse. Can i have the link or something please

jmusewu
1-Newbie

ho to download creo 3.0 to my desktop. i am a student and i've already registred to PTC but i havent received the softwre code or licnse. Can i have the link or something please

I am a student at CPCC.

My instructor told us that we could download the FREE STUDENT DOWLOAD of creo parametric 3.0

I did everything I was asked to get the software but I haven't received the software link mail yet. Can someone please help me with the software link?

13 REPLIES 13
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:jmusewu)

How long ago did you request the license? It can take a couple of hours sometimes.

Ben,

Student license is provided immediatelly during installation process.

MH

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:jmusewu)

You should search Academic Support .

This post should be moved to that area also... Toby Metcalf‌ can move it for you.

Hi,

use procedure described in attached PDF file.

Use BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12 product code in case that you are K-12 student.

Use BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL product code in case that you are university student.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hello, I am a university student and when I used the above product code it says that the license request fails when trying to open Creo Parametric. Is there another code that could be used? Thank you!

Regards,

Emma Richard

Hi,

I do not understand what do you mean by the license request fails message. Is your problem related to installation -OR- was the installation successful ?

Please attach picture showing the problem.

MH

Martin Hanák

Failure screen.jpg

Hi,

if you enlarge Warning Message List window, can you see any other text ? If the rest of the window is empty then installation procedure did not get license file from PTC. Did you login to your PTC account during installation ?

By default license file (BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.dat) is located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory. Please check license file existence.

Please open Command Prompt window, enter ipconfig  /all > ip.txt command and publish contents of ip.txt file. I'll check your network card configuration.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hello I am unable to use the command prompt you have listed. I am running windows through parallels on my mac, I'm not sure if that is causing an issue with the command prompt. However following this directory C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\Distributed Services Manager\text\licensing only the file license.res is listed.

Also when I try to run the program I have been emailed a backup license file - should I copy this into the directory I have listed?

Thank you

Hi,

in Windows do following steps:

1.] create new directory C:\creo_license

2.] save license from email to C:\creo_license\mylicense.dat

3.] go to C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\Mxxx\Parametric\bin directory

4.] open parametric.psf file in Notepad

5.] find line beginning with ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=

6.] modify the line to get ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\creo_license\mylicense.dat

7.] find line beginning with ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=

8.] modify the line to get ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME= XXXXX ()

where XXXXX is probably CREOPMA_SchoolSTD3

the right feature name can be found in license file after INCREMENT keyword

9.] save parametric.psf file

10.] launch Creo

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you so much! That worked!

I download the software.The software is working but my PC is reset.how can I download the software with same account.please gime the link

Hi,

use following link

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academicFree.jsp

Martin Hanák
Top Tags