cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Date in ISO 8601 format

AndreasZieritz
7-Bedrock

Date in ISO 8601 format

In Mathcad 4.0 it is not possible to show date in ISO 8601 format (YYYY-MM-DD), e.g. in the page header.

As this is the format we are using in our office, I'd like to add that as a choice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
20 REPLIES 20

And even if you choose the 'dd-mm-yyyy' format it shows as dd/mm/yyyy  !

Prime still leaves too much to wish for.....

Luc

dates.jpg

Still not fixed in Mathcad 5.0.

@AndreasZieritz wrote:

Still not fixed in Mathcad 5.0.

I am not surprised.

Case 14575068 has been opened.

If that is indicative of the number of open cases for Prime, and it would take PTC on average 1 minute to solve each case (which is very optimistic...) you might need to wait some 27 years for a solution.

Success!
Luc

@LucMeekes wrote:

If that is indicative of the number of open cases for Prime, and it would take PTC on average 1 minute to solve each case (which is very optimistic...) you might need to wait some 27 years for a solution.

That would be about the time when Prime lives up (at least partially) to good old Mathcad 15.

If Mathcad/Prime still exists then.

At least support just called me now, which is a good start.

Just got feedback from support, that they propose that I write the date as a text...

Next question was, if we can consider that case solved.

Aeh.....no, I wouldn't consider that a solution.

I suppose that phone call took more than a minute. ...?
Luc

No, this comment came by mail. So the answer didn't take longer than 10 seconds.

Splendid - case closed.

Must be submitted in community and voted upon.

Hi Andreas,

I would suggest to submit product idea:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS159429

This Case will be closed.

Thanks,

@AndreasZieritz wrote:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Ideas/Date-in-ISO-8601-format/idi-p/573617

I would happily vote for that idea (even though I am convinced it won't matter at all) but I am not allowed to do so (even though still under active maintenance).

Same here.

Maybe it's just PTC's implementation of /dev/null.

You have to go to "New Ideas".

Ah, bad luck:

LM_20180926_Product.png

Product ideas do not apply to Prime 5...

Luc

And I haven't found out how to vote on any of those things in addition...

What a mess.

@AndreasZieritz wrote:

Splendid - case closed.

Must be submitted in community and voted upon.

Hi Andreas,

I would suggest to submit product idea:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS159429

This Case will be closed.

Thanks,

Thats great! Submit a product idea as a support solution! Thats really support made by PTC. The idea you atre supposed to submit would be that PTC fixes a program bug - incredible!

BTW, it seems that since the transition from Jive to Lithium nobody is able to vote for Mathcad ideas ;-(

Not that I would miss this "feature" as those product ideas never made sense anyway and were just a placebo from the very beginning.

I had similar experiences with PTC "support" concerning wrong results from integrals. I was contacted by phone (which was funny) and support was very friendly and polite but completely useless and helpless and seemed not to have much knowledge about what kind of a beast Mathcad is. Needless to say - the case was closed without the slightest hint of a solution in sight.

Top Tags