cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

I don't know how to ask for help

plee-4
1-Newbie

I don't know how to ask for help

I run Mathcad 15 on a virtual Windows XP machine within my iMac Sierra. I have not used Mathcad for more than a month. when I came to use it this afternoon (9th June 2017) I could not start it up. Can anyone direct me to someone who might be able to help, e.g. a help department of PTC, please?

2 REPLIES 2
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:plee-4)

Do you have current support with PTC? If you don't, you are out of luck there. Even if you do, I don't think PTC supports Mathcad running on a virtual XP machine on a Mac.

What do you mean when you say it would not start up? Do you get an error message of some sort?

Dear Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my plea.

I get no error message.

However, I have been reviewing the situation and it seems that, although I paid my annual renewal fee to Parallels, which facilitates the running of Windows XP as a virtual machine on my iMac, when queried on the net the answer came back that my account had been terminated, despite what I thought was a genuine payment.

Since I got that news, I have checked and found that I could not run Outlook, or my old-fashioned, but serviceable Fortran 4 Power Station, by Microsoft.

I suspect that the problem lies with Parallels and I await a response to a query I have made to them.

Again, thanks, but I think that I started off on the wrong track.

Kindest regards,

Peter Lee

Dr P R Lee

9th June 2017

Top Tags