cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Can you download starter files for the tutorials?

TB_7518948
6-Contributor

Can you download starter files for the tutorials?

Hi all,

So I wanted to take the "Basics of Cabling" tutorial on the PTC University Learning Connector, but can't get started. The tutorial itself is pretty straightforward; it shows you what to click and what to look for to create a cable in a specific assembly.

The problem is that I don't know where I'm supposed to be opening the starting assembly from? Is this included in some folder when you install Creo? It's not in the C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 7.0.2.0\Common Files\demos folder.

Is there some part of the training I'm missing?

Thank you in advance for any help. Hope you have a good day!

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

This tutorial is part of LearningConnector, a site owned by PTC University that contains a couple thousand tutorials on various PTC technologies, including CAD, PLM, IoT, AR, and so on. All content in LearningConnector is free. All you need is a support.ptc.com username and password and you can watch any of the tutorials we've created as well as watch all the product manager videos on what is new in the various versions of Creo Parametric.

PTC University does not provide the lab files for download with these tutorials for a variety of reasons. The idea is that you learn the functionality by watching the tutorials and then apply it to your own company data.

Regards,

Matt

-------
Matt Huybrecht
Mike_O
4-Participant
(To:Matt_Huybrecht)

In order to drill down in the lessons sufficiently the lab files are extremely helpful. They also serve as a more thorough reference of what is going on, and to go back to when used infrequently. Are they for sale? For a reasonable price I will buy them.

Hi, we do not offer our models for sale. When we switched to Learning Connector we, for the most part, switched to version-agnostic content (the huge exception here is that Product Manager videos which can be used to learn What's New in each version of Creo). The issue with providing models is, which version do we provide? We have customers that are on Creo 2 up to Creo 10. It does make sense to maintain the overhead of 9 versions of models.

We are making a concerted effort to create playlists where the student actually builds the models that they are learning Creo with. For example, check out the following 2 playlists:

We are also working on playlists like this for SheetMetal and MBD where the student creates the models that they use.

For the Get Started with Creo Parametric Assembly playlist, for example, we provide a drawing of all the components for the student to create so that they can use those components in the playlist.

It gets more difficult for topics that require a pre-existing infrastructure, like Cabling, for example. I'm not sure we'll ever be able to do a playlist where the student creates the components and connectors for which the cables will be routed, along with the appearance file and spools.

Regards,

Matt

-------
Matt Huybrecht
Mike_O
4-Participant
(To:Matt_Huybrecht)

If our company pays for a lesson in cabling or other function specific extrensions, will the student have the lesson files to go back to for future reference?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Mike_O)

No, PTC does not sell or allow you to download sample files used in the tutorials. You can not get printed copies of the training manuals that are used in the online LearningConnector lessons, either.

We offer 2 "for fee" courses on Cabling:

For both these courses as well as any other for fee course in the Creo Training Catalog, students receive a DRM-protected PDF of the course that they have access to for 2 years. All exercises are contained within an AWS-hosted VM environment that runs the latest version of Creo Parametric (currently 10.0.1). At this time, students do not have access to the VM environment after the class ends.

-------
Matt Huybrecht

Note that with a LEARN subscription, you can register for the same class multiple times.

Top Tags