cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Miscellaneous Monday - If you were an Olympian...?

FunManAndy
8-Gravel

Miscellaneous Monday - If you were an Olympian...?

We're Halfway there!

I woke this morning to major disappointment... instead of grabbing breakfast and sitting down to the latest & greatest Tokyo 2020 has to offer, I was grimly reminded that the Olympics ended over a week ago. 

Bummer!

But all is not lost, because on the 24th, the Paralympics commence. YES! More sport. Whoop Whoop. 🌈🥇👏

giphy2131.gif

Allow yourself to dream...

Whenever the Olympics come round I always find myself wondering what it would be like to be an Olympian. Walking out into the stadium during the opening ceremony. The excitement. The nerves. The weight of your country's expectations on your shoulders!

And everytime I do there is one constant each and every four (five?) years... I watch almost every single minute of the ARCHERY... what!???

And that is most weird. Because, whilst I watch so much Athletics, Waterpolo and Rugby (my main youth sports!), it's the archery that gets my undivided attention, even though it has never been part of my life (apart form the odd bit of fun at the Fun Fair or Carnival!)

I guess it is just the sport I am destined to play at the Olympics... if I ever did 😛

95CFQZK.gif

If you were an Olympian...?

What sport would it be in?!

Is it a sport your play in your free time?!

Is it one you love, but have never played, you are just a massive fan?!

Is it a sport that's not even an Olympic sport, but you hope one day to see it there?! (Sounds like Netball and Cricket might come to Brisbane 2032. Exciting!!!)

AnyReasonableBoaconstrictor-size_restricted.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:FunManAndy)

I can barely swim or maybe I can swim really well straight to the bottom! I end up watch a lot of swimming and diving. Along with that, I enjoy all the volleyball, which as a family we used to play at the park during get togethers but we haven't played in years!

StephenWilliams_0-1629124954575.gif

6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I can barely swim or maybe I can swim really well straight to the bottom! I end up watch a lot of swimming and diving. Along with that, I enjoy all the volleyball, which as a family we used to play at the park during get togethers but we haven't played in years!

StephenWilliams_0-1629124954575.gif

What an awesome get together @StephenW . Sounds like so much fun! Despite having been a very active waterpolo player, for some unknown reason, when I just lie in the pool still, I sink to the bottom real quick. In general, humans naturally float 🤯 something wrong with me. HAH!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I watch the women's gymnastics. My daughter was a competition gymnast in High School and earned a full-ride scholarship to college. She competed against some of the members from the 1992, 1996 and 2000 Olympic teams. Her daughters are now in gymnastics and she finds it hard to watch and keep her mouth closed as most of the parents and coaches have no idea that she was an All-American on the college team in their hometown. 

Hot **bleep**! That is ridiculous amazing!! Nice one @BenLoosli 🥇💪That is a serious sportsy family. You must be so proud!

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

Fun Fact I was an intern up in Lake Placid Olympic Training Site when USA LUGE Team got their FIRST OLYMPIC MEDALS!   That was when Women's Bobsled was first starting.  I was pretty good at running back then.  I might have had a shot!  Great Post @FunManAndy 

That is a great "If I were an Olympian...@Jaime_Lee !! Or should we say.... JAIME_LUGE...???? 🤩🌟🥇🎿

Top Tags