cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

I have not received any recommendations for months

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

I have not received any recommendations for months

It's been months since I received the last recommendation from PTC support (as you can see from the attached images).

For example, in 2017 I received a total of 30 recommendations for my three Windchill servers (Production, Test and Development), while in 2018 I received only 1 recommendation.

For Creo I received 4 recommendations last year (sessions data sent were for Creo 2.0) and none in 2018 (from this month we switched to Creo 4.0).

Has any other user noticed the same thing?

There is some PTC product manager @wsaad or @SteveShaw that can comment what I just wrote?

Thanks

WNC_reco.PNG

Creo_reco.PNG

Marco
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marco and all,

I posted some information about the recommendations in this other thread.

I hope this helps.

--JC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Marco,

I confirm the behaviour, you've described.

This year we had three recommendations in March and two recommendations in June: So only five recommendations in 2018.

Also in 2017 we only received seven recommendations.

Additionally you should know, that we only use the Creo Performance Advisor.

Regards, Domenic

Hi Domenic,

which version of Creo are you using?

Marco

Currently we're using Creo4 M040.

Another six weeks without recommendations!
Marco

Marco and all,

I posted some information about the recommendations in this other thread.

I hope this helps.

--JC

After a long while (about two years) a couple of days ago I received a new recommendation for Creo.

Marco

Thanks a lot Marco for sharing this update with us. It’s good to hear you could benefit from new Creo recommendations.

In fact, we did complete the project indicated by Jean-Christophe in his previous replies. It drastically improved our infrastructure and ability to process daily all the tracebacks we receive from our customers. After a few weeks the accumulated backlog was eliminated in April.

Using this data, we run regular proactive investigations on the problems representing the most crash occurrences or impacting the highest number of customers. Despite not having steps to reproduce most of these issues, Creo R&D has quite a high success rate applying fixes for them. That said, the grouping of these different tracebacks into single IDs allows for some discrepancies. Therefore, we manually review these traceback IDs before deciding to enable them for recommendations. We’re looking at ways to improve the grouping so we can enable more recommendations.

Thanks again for your contribution providing the data, logs, and reporting problems.

Top Tags