cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo 4 Balloon and Note Placement Snapping Constraints

MuzzyP
9-Granite

Creo 4 Balloon and Note Placement Snapping Constraints

Is there any way to disable, or at minimum override, the sketcher type constraints that effect the placement of balloons?

I am placing roughly 100 bom balloons on a drawing view and am having issues with positioning the balloons were I want, because they insist on snapping normal or tangent, or so on, to features and components.

Is there any way to disable this? In sketcher you could temporarily disable or ignore a constraint if you needed, by right clicking or selecting the constraint and deleting it. That does not work for the constraints that pop up while placing a balloon. I believe all notes behave this way, but placing balloons is where it is causing the most issues as generally things get pretty crowded. The range of the snapping, precision if you will, is very large too, 10 degrees in my case.

I have looked through all of the config and drawing options as well as tried disabling sketcher preferences and adjusting accuracy of the sketcher constraints to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

35 REPLIES 35
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:MartinHanak)

Another option for a "workaround" is to add a jog to the leader.  If this is done while there is no constraint active, the constraints will not pop up while moving the balloon or the jog.  If there is a constraint active, the arrow end of the leader will be stuck with that constraint until the jog is removed.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:MuzzyP)

Vote for this Idea:  https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Option-to-disable-turn-off-annotation-leader-snapping/idi-p/493258

It was acknowledged over a year ago, but it seems the issue has not been addressed.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:MuzzyP)

FYI  It seems they do listen, sometimes.  This issue should be resolved in 4.0 M130 coming out this month in response to this idea:  Option-to-disable-turn-off-annotation-leader-snapping

Only took 2 1/2 years😎

cgorni
16-Pearl
(To:kdirth)

This information and some details are also available in article CS272490

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:AR_9504614)

If you follow the link in my previous post, at the bottom is instructions on the fix implemented in 4.0 M130.

The simplest is to turn it off by deselecting Snap To Guides.

kdirth_0-1602850260995.png

Top Tags