cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo 7.0.4.0 hard crashes when you open any part or try to start a new part

JM_10328182
5-Regular Member

Creo 7.0.4.0 hard crashes when you open any part or try to start a new part

I've done a first time install 3 times now and Creo 7.0.4.0 will open.  You can change the options and look around the interface, but if you open a part file or try to start a part file it hard crashes.  There is no dialog box and no error messages.  It just disappears.  It reopens normally, but then dies again if you try to open or start a part file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JM_10328182
5-Regular Member
(To:JM_10328182)

Turns out this was interference from Carbon Black Cloud.  It was blocking Creo (and at least one other program ) and not telling us.  It was buried deep in the logs for Carbon Black.  A reinstall of Carbon Black solved this issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Try installing a later release of Creo 7, like 7.0.10 or 7.0.11.

We found some issues with releases prior to 7.0.7.0.

JM_10328182
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

I have installed this version successfully about 60 times.  We have a highly customized install and leaving it would cause a lot of work.  I hoping to figure out why this is happening to one computer.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Check the graphics card and drivers on that computer.

@JM_10328182 wrote:

I have installed this version successfully about 60 times.  We have a highly customized install and leaving it would cause a lot of work.  I hoping to figure out why this is happening to one computer.

Hi,

does it mean that only one computer is problematic? If this is true, then I recommend reinstalling the OS.

Martin Hanák

First try removing/renaming any config.pro, config.sup or .ui files from being loaded when you open Creo. If it still crashes I would try adding

graphics win32_gdi

to your config.pro so see if it might be related to your graphics card.

JM_10328182
5-Regular Member

Turns out this was interference from Carbon Black Cloud.  It was blocking Creo (and at least one other program ) and not telling us.  It was buried deep in the logs for Carbon Black.  A reinstall of Carbon Black solved this issue.

Top Tags