cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo Toolkit startup errors

JH_10674545
4-Participant

Creo Toolkit startup errors

Hello everybody,

I come to you today because I had a problem just after installed 3D connection app, always when I start Creo 7 I get these two windows:

2023-08-02 14_27_19-Window.jpg2023-08-02 14_27_26-Window.jpg

How did you manage to solve this error.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your advice, at end what it solve my issue was: 

1. Copy the file “C:\ProgramData\PTC\«Creo Version»\Plugins\3DxProEngineer\protk.dat” to “C:\Program Files\PTC\«Creo Version»\Common Files\«datecode»\text”

2. Delete the folder “3DxProEngineer” in “C:\ProgramData\PTC\«Creo Version»\Plugins”

Greetings 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

open protk.dat file mentioned on first picture in Notepad and verify validity of all paths.

Martin Hanák

the path is correct2023-08-02 15_45_58-Window.jpg

@JH_10674545 wrote:

the path is correct2023-08-02 15_45_58-Window.jpg

I give up. No other idea.

Martin Hanák

There are several reasons and I'm not sure based on these errors.

• Make sure CreoAgent is running. If you are using Windchill then it most likely is, The Agent/Platform is the communication tool for connecting Creo to many things including Windchill, toolkit applications, web in the embedded browser, etc. Can you reach a website in the embedded browser?
  • Take a look in the windows explorer/file manager to make sure that the path to the protk.dat is correct.
  • We had an issue in the last 6-9 months where some toolkit apps complained that they were not locked correctly. It had something to do with JAVA toolkit API I think. I think it had to do with some changes to PTC's toolkit licensing and 3Dconnection hadn't updated their app. Some of our internal folks that do toolkit development help us lock the app. I don't think it is your problem because your screen caps don't mention the toolkit licensing, just odd that this is one of the apps we had trouble with.

Thank you for your advice, at end what it solve my issue was: 

1. Copy the file “C:\ProgramData\PTC\«Creo Version»\Plugins\3DxProEngineer\protk.dat” to “C:\Program Files\PTC\«Creo Version»\Common Files\«datecode»\text”

2. Delete the folder “3DxProEngineer” in “C:\ProgramData\PTC\«Creo Version»\Plugins”

Greetings 

Top Tags