cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Edit reference causes Fatal Error

Ralph_W
6-Contributor

Edit reference causes Fatal Error

I am using Creo Parametric Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.6.0

During the rebuild of 2 separate parts I use edit references to walk through the model tree and re-define the references of each feature.
For one part it works fine, but in the other part I encounter problems.
Creo crashes using edit references. When using edit definition to re-define the features creo does not crash.
How is this possible?

What can be the root cause?

Here are the errors that I faced
Fatal error encountered.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ralph_W
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

The error is repeatable. Even if a colleague opens the part it happens. 

Issue is solved with build code 8.0.9.0

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:Ralph_W)

Such occurences are something everyone experiences, unfortunately.

The key question is whether the error is repeated if you open up the same file again. Usually, for me, this is not the case. If the same problem repeats with the same file, that points to likely corruption of the file. If so, you might need to investigate what happened to that file, whether you have older versions of the file before the condition happened, etc.

What I've learned from this and every other CAD program I've used in the past is to save often, save after any complicated work, save if I'm leaving my desk for a while. That way if I have a fatal error occur I minimize the amount of work I lose.

Ralph_W
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

The error is repeatable. Even if a colleague opens the part it happens. 

Issue is solved with build code 8.0.9.0

Top Tags