cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to tell which extensions and options have been installed

RichSPK
5-Regular Member

How to tell which extensions and options have been installed

remote user contacted me about two computers they use for simulation that are running Creo 5.0.1.0.  All the workstations I knew about have been upgraded to Creo 9.0.4.0 and we'd like to upgrade these two computers to 9.0.4.0.

How can I see which extensions, options, etc were installed with 5.0.1.0 so I can make sure to enable the same extensions with 9.0.4.0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:RichSPK)

The options should be listed in the pma.p.xml file in the <loadpoint>\Creo #.#.#.#\Parametric\bin\pim\xml folder.

Regards,

Dan N.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dnordin
15-Moonstone

The options should be listed in the pma.p.xml file in the <loadpoint>\Creo #.#.#.#\Parametric\bin\pim\xml folder.

Regards,

Dan N.

RichSPK
5-Regular Member
(To:dnordin)

I think this is what I'm looking for.  There are a lot of lines with a package name and a Y or N for 'install', such as this:

<PACKAGE helptext="Use G-Post ™ for post processing NC cutter location (CL Data) data files." hidden="N" install="Y" label="NC-GPOST" name="gpost" parent="creooptions" required="N">

I assume install="Y" means the package was installed.

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

You could look in:

<Load Point>\Creo 9.0.x.0\Parametric\bin

There should be at least one .psf file in this directory. I have three, so when I start Creo, I'm asked which configuration I want to start with. Each of the files will cause a set of options to be loaded. The line in the file that specifies which license(s) they're going to be using is the one that starts with

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=

If the license file used for Creo 5 has the same options as the one for Creo 9, they might even be able to copy the Creo 5 .psf files into the directory for Creo 9.

@RichSPK wrote:

remote user contacted me about two computers they use for simulation that are running Creo 5.0.1.0.  All the workstations I knew about have been upgraded to Creo 9.0.4.0 and we'd like to upgrade these two computers to 9.0.4.0.

How can I see which extensions, options, etc were installed with 5.0.1.0 so I can make sure to enable the same extensions with 9.0.4.0?

Hi,

I think it is not possible to find out, which items were selected during installation.

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

In Creo, File-Help-System Information. It will generate a text file in your working directory of the installed modules.

There are many sub-modules that get installed at installation that you do not know them all from the install scripts.

RichSPK
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

Oh, nice!  I've already upgraded them to 9.0.4.0 now, but I'll keep that in mind for next time!

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:BenLoosli)

Actually, the FILE > HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION data, while it says, "The following Creo Parametric options are installed", reflects which licenses you have active for your current session. You will see the listing change based on which licenses you're running (either selected at startup or floating modules grabbed in session), so it's not an accurate listing of what components are installed.

Regards,

Dan N.

Top Tags