cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Installation of server

ptc-2143333
1-Newbie

Installation of server

Hi all, When I try to install the server for ProE, I get this message: Error: no sever line found to match the host. Can anyone help me on this?? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Seems like a Host ID problem. Check the Host ID in the license file you received and make sure it matches the MAC address (also known as Physical Address) of the ethernet card on your server. It's a very common issue. You can obtain the Physical Address by running ipconfig /all command.

If i change Network (internet connection) than also problem?

This message populates when MAC Address/ HOST id in license is not available on machine where you are installing the license manager.  

Couple of points to check:

1. License file which you are using is floating license file. "Server" worked needs to be available in license file. 

2. Check the host id using ipconfig /all in command prompt and confirmed that one of the physical addresses listed is matching with HOST ID in license.

CHECK article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS23033

Top Tags