cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

ModuleWorks to replace Vericut

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

ModuleWorks to replace Vericut

Hi all, just read this in article CS226148,

• ModuleWorks will replace NCCHECK & VERICUT starting from versions below:
    • Creo Parametric 2.0 M210
    • Creo Parametric 3.0 M090
  • Starting from above versions, Vericut won't be available for use anymore
    • To perform material removal simulation, select NC sequence from model tree > RMB > Material Removal Simulation, it will access ModuleWorks
    • The default value of config.pro option nccheck_type is changed to moduleworks
  • Main Reasons of the choice of ModuleWorks is that :
    • It offers the capability to Simulate Material Removal Embedded in Creo Parametric (Only NCCHECK allowed that)
    • It is not limited as NCCHECK was in the past
    • It allows usage of OpenGL libraries used by Creo and improves by this way User Experience (possible smooth rotations of the manufacturing assembly in Creo When Material is being removed in ModuleWorks)

What do you think about this ? Do you know ModuleWorks ?

53 REPLIES 53

Sounds good. Any info about licences?

And no i don't know ModuleWorks.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:James62)

I don't think this will change anything concerning licences. We'll have a ModuleWorks licence replacing the Vericut one.

Yeah, hopefully the cost of replacement will be covered by maintenance.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:RaphMORIN)

Sounds interesting I guess. I had not heard of Module works until now. We switched from Vericut to NCsimul this fall because I didn't like where the way Vericut would not check g code unless you bought the the expensive version.NCsimul is expensive too but I think it is a little easier to use and has more features as far as I am concerned.

I don´t know Module works.

We switched to NCSIMUL long time ago...

JoseCoronado
14-Alexandrite

Hello, you can find more information about moduleworks here: CNC Simulation and Toolpath Verification CAD/CAM components by ModuleWorks.

The goal of this project was to provide a Material Removal Simulation capability inside the Creo NC session, you will not need any extra license and this change is covered by maintenance.

What you will see in Creo 2 M210 and Creo 3 M090 is the first implementation of the new libraries, more functionality will follow in the next MORs.

Best Regards

Jose

Thanks for the information. Just hope that the first implementation will at least cover the same functionalities we have in Vericut and NCSimul.

Very interesting the stock manager looks like a great feature

lbai
4-Participant
(To:JoseCoronado)

Could you please share us a functionalities comparison table between Vericut and Moduleworks, for example, for first version which functionalities are missing from moduleworks?

or provide a functionality roadmap about moduleworks add-on in future Creo datecode.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Creo 3.0 M090 was released yesterday, so I tested ModuleWorks. Bad start for this tool, on the first part I tested, it leaves material in two corners where it shouldn't. I know the program works fine as the parts have been milled without any problem. Vericut simulates this part correctly ! I'm a bit disappointed about this.

On the image below, the blue surfaces are the areas where stock material is not milled.

Simulation with vericut below.

I opened a support case about this.

Do you know if ModuleWorks have the ability to simulate posted code or only CL data?

Josh

lbai
4-Participant
(To:joshuataylor)

So I test, only support to run material removal simulation for existing sequence and operations directly.

Joshua, in this first implementation only CL Data, as it was in the embedded Vericut.

Regards

Jose

Thanks Jose

Josh

JoseCoronado
14-Alexandrite

Raphael, thanks for opening the case. We will take a look and try to fix it as soon as possible.

Jose

ddenissouza
5-Regular Member

Hello people,

How do I simulate in solid?

Thanks...

Capturar.JPG

David,please open a call. We will take a look.

Regards

I've been testing Creo 3 with this and have uncovered 2 major problems.

1. The simulation claims that there is a collision between tool and fixture when there isn't any. This happens multiple times. I assume that it has something to do with the 45 deg. face mill being used.

2. Inability to have more than one view. I program HMCs with a b axis and the program works on more than one face of a part. Vericut allowed the use of multiple view which was great for my application. I could easily see what was going on around the part instead of just one face.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:tbuhrman)

Hi Thomas,

Have you tried to modify the parameters I've coloured on the image below ?

Raphael,

I did not see those settings yesterday. Changing them fixed the collision problems. Thanks!

I've run into another problem that's holding me up. I'm trying to run material simulation on several pre-existing manufacturing models and nothing is happening. There is no error messages displayed. There is a file created in the working directory called plugin.log . The following shows up in the log:

Exception: mw::creo::get_reference_modelitem: Could not initialize model item

Initializing plugin UI

Obtaining components

Obtaining model file path

Obtaining current window id

Obtaining NC sequences

Obtaining operations

Exception: mw::creo::get_reference_modelitem: Could not initialize model item

Anybody have an idea on how to get around this or fix the problem?

JoseCoronado
14-Alexandrite
(To:tbuhrman)

Thomas, we need the mfg assembly to investigate the issue and fix it. Can you please open a call, the best is to go thru Technical Support, please send me the call number as soon as you have it:  -

Thanks

Jose

Dear users!

What do you think, what is needed Creo configuration option: nccheck = external?

How does this option?

ddenissouza
5-Regular Member
(To:vsadchikov)

Hello,

Follows the image

Capturar.JPG

No. This option 3 -External

nccheck_.jpg

ddenissouza
5-Regular Member
(To:vsadchikov)

With this option it does not generate the simulation.

The external option will not produce a simulation on the screen, it will only produce some files (like the tool file)... to interface with other simulation system

Regards

Jose

Thanks for answers!

How configured to communicate with other verification systems.

Use the settings in the file - proev.bat

We just moved from M080 to M100.

Has anyone figured out how to launch the CGTech license standalone version of VERICUT (not the old embedded Vericut that was removed)?

Now that nccheck_type no longer has the "vericut" option to run the proev.bat file, "external" sounds like the way to go......how does it work though?  Thanks. 

Top Tags