cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Mouse wheel zoom lag

dbarbour
1-Newbie

Mouse wheel zoom lag

When I try to zoom with my mouse wheel (without holding control), it's very slow in large assemblies. When I turn Orient Mode on, however, it zooms in real time. I don't want to click Orient Mode every time I want to navigate around my model. Is there some config option I'm missing? I'm using Wildfire 3.0.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

WF3? Wow, I doubt anyone here is still using WF3.

I can't say I've heard of that problem before.  What are your system specs (OS, graphics car, driver, etc.)?  I'd guess it's graphics related, you can try adding the config option "graphics win32_gdi" and see if that helps.  I believe that essentially bypasses your graphics card so you can see if it's the source of trouble.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
cprice
6-Contributor
(To:dgschaefer)

I remember performance issues with zooming and rotating large assemblies if silhouette edges were turned on.

We even had a mapkey back then to toggle them on or off.

In the back of my mind, there is also something about the fasthlr messing with the zoom.

Never hurts to try.........

Top Tags