cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Obsolete config options?

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Obsolete config options?

In looking through the config options today, I'm wondering about a couple of options.

Thermo_position_hint
Menu_manager_position

I used to know what these two options did in pre-Wildfire days.

The menu manager option I can understand still sticking around because it still exists here and there.

However I don't know what the thermometer position option does any more. I can't remember seeing one of those dialogs in a long time. Does it still exist in the software somewhere? And if it does, does window_overlap or no_window_overlap really make any difference?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

8 REPLIES 8

Did you try searching older versions on Olaf's site? He's got full
explanations if you go back a few revs.

I think that has something to do with the graphical display of the
scales with analysis results, but I can't remember what. It goes back a
long ways.

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I believe the option, Thermo_position_hint allow you to turn on/off and position the little pop-up text that is attached to each icon when you roll and hold your mouse cursor over an icon.

Bob Schwerdlin
Design Engineer,
Dukane Corp.
2900 Dukane Dr.
St. Charles, IL 60174
630-797-4974 direct
-

Should have looked at this before, in WF5 the text in the options dialog
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Huh ?
Clear as mud 🙂

You really have to go back to at least rev20 to understand what the thermometer-type scales are. I have a vague idea what they look like, and I remember they used to pop up over stuff you needed to get to, hence the config option.

What it does in Creo or for that matter Wildfire, I don't know. Can someone point out a dialog box that has thermometer-type scales?

David Haigh

I wonder if this is what shows the result of a "Tools<compare part<by=" geometry&quot;=" session?<br="/>
Regards,
James

I don't have Creo, but maybe ANALYSIS- GEOMETRY - SHADED CURVATURE???
hkalyal
6-Contributor
(To:davehaigh)

This what I got from the PTC website,  
Enables you to position the thermometer-type scales whenever they appear so that they do not overlap the Creo windows (if space permits, for example, if windows have been scaled).

Top Tags