cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Regenerate Drawings for all Parts in an ASM

DrewBurson
4-Participant

Regenerate Drawings for all Parts in an ASM

Hey all!

I'm working on building a master model in Creo Parametric 3.0 for a new product that is fairly complex (over 100 sheet metal pieces). The product is resized to each customers needs however, so I've automated the entire model with relations so we can resize it quickly, and automated the drawings so that they will scale to fit the resized parts automatically. I've also set up a Distributed Batch process that will allow us to grab all the drawing files and either print them, or plot them to PDF. My one issue is that if I resize the product and go to print the drawings, they still reflect the product at whatever size it was when the drawing was last opened and regenerated.

Now the question: is there a feature in either the master assembly or in Distributed Batch, that I can use to automatically regenerate all those drawings without having to individually open/regenerate/save each one?

Thanks all!

2 REPLIES 2

There's an option called "save_display" that tells Creo to store a snapshot when the drawing is saved. I believe that turning this off ("NO") will force Creo to regenerate the views. This has to be set before the drawing is saved.

DrewBurson
4-Participant
(To:dschenken)

Ok, I finally got back to this after being pulled away to another project for a month. 

So I changed the save_display setting to "no" and saved. I've restarted everything and verified that the change was made, but I'm still having no luck. Do you know if there might be another setting in Creo or in Distributed Batch that could affect this?

A side note that I realized may be affecting this: almost all of the parts I'm trying to regenerate have flat pattern instances that are almost always the central reference in the related drawings. As such, the problem may also be that the flat instances need to be regenerated before the drawing is updated.

Thanks for the help!

Top Tags