cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

AMU Asset Status Configuration

Sathishkumar_C
17-Peridot

AMU Asset Status Configuration

In AMU asset/equipment configuration, I have configured few assets, with asset status of BOOLEAN parameter from Kepware.

1. Here i have configured 2 assets and used the same kepware tag as status (BOOLEAN). It's working fine with "Asset" but the icon is not changing in "C3PC 20" according to "Running/Down" status. What is the issue behind here? It's always NOT CONFIGURED.

Sathishkumar_C_0-1707576456906.png

2. What if the the asset staus coming from kepware as "ACTIVE" for running and "ISSUE" for not running? How accomodate the string values with Asset Status?

Sathishkumar_C_1-1707577171556.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Satishkumar

The fact that it says it's not configured makes me suspect that you didn't click on the Toggle Asset Status, in the Configuration -> Equipment -> Asset Card screen. Here's an example on one of my test machines : 

mstarnaud_0-1707768771814.png

Make sure you save after doing this.

If you already have this configured correctly, maybe some bug occurred when saving it on the Composer side. The way it works is when we do changes in that configuration screen, it does modifications behind the scenes on the Thing of the same name in Composer. Here is what it looks like for my example, where StringTag1 is both in the list of attributes on the right, and is also the status : 

mstarnaud_1-1707768970636.png

Stuff to look out for : 

- RunningStatus_MCC should be overridden (the !), have a tag linked to it and the tag should be good.

- If you go down the list, you will see property RunningStatusAttributeName_MCC. This one should contain a value, which is the name of your attribute : Status_Boolean.

If those properties are not correct, I suggest going to the configuration screen, clicking on another attribute to be the status, and then select Status_Boolean and re-select it to be the status, and save. Confirm that you are getting messages saying it saved correctly and also that the properties now look good.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Satishkumar

The fact that it says it's not configured makes me suspect that you didn't click on the Toggle Asset Status, in the Configuration -> Equipment -> Asset Card screen. Here's an example on one of my test machines : 

mstarnaud_0-1707768771814.png

Make sure you save after doing this.

If you already have this configured correctly, maybe some bug occurred when saving it on the Composer side. The way it works is when we do changes in that configuration screen, it does modifications behind the scenes on the Thing of the same name in Composer. Here is what it looks like for my example, where StringTag1 is both in the list of attributes on the right, and is also the status : 

mstarnaud_1-1707768970636.png

Stuff to look out for : 

- RunningStatus_MCC should be overridden (the !), have a tag linked to it and the tag should be good.

- If you go down the list, you will see property RunningStatusAttributeName_MCC. This one should contain a value, which is the name of your attribute : Status_Boolean.

If those properties are not correct, I suggest going to the configuration screen, clicking on another attribute to be the status, and then select Status_Boolean and re-select it to be the status, and save. Confirm that you are getting messages saying it saved correctly and also that the properties now look good.

Got a solution with changing the "RunningStatusAttributeName_MCC" property to default values. I configured something else for testing.

I'm glad you were able to figure it out!

I'm pretty sure my last point would have fixed it : 

Because I'm pretty sure changing the Attribute -> Status in the configuration screen will update property RunningStatusAttributeName_MCC, so it should remove the manual changes you did.

Yes, It's very helpful to understand the RunningStatusAttributeName_MCC

Top Tags