cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Confusion about architecture

Gavin2
8-Gravel

Confusion about architecture

Hello everyone,
I am now working on Thingworx architecture investigation, and I'm got a problem:
I use two connection server for device connectivity Load balance, I believe with this deploy mode, the architecture here is scalability

After that, the message received by connection server is send to Thingworx server. I know Thingworx server has a master-standby election based on zk-cluster

But in this way, I think there is only one live node(master) at a time, so I believe this is the performance bottleneck here, this can not expand dynamically

I don't know if I understand this right or not, can anyone help me to explain this

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Gavin2)

You are correct, the Active/passive Thingworx platform is just for failover.

At this time there is no horizontal scalability of the platform itself, i hear this is in the works.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You are correct, the Active/passive Thingworx platform is just for failover.

At this time there is no horizontal scalability of the platform itself, i hear this is in the works.

Leigh
Emeritus

Hi @Gavin2

Just wanted to follow up to see if Pai's response answered your question.  If so, please indicate Accepted Solution for the benefit of the Community.  If not, please let us know your current status.

Thanks

Leigh

Top Tags