cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Error in VirtualThing processing of Service request from Platform., Error in VirtualThing processing

oskarberntorp
11-Garnet

Error in VirtualThing processing of Service request from Platform., Error in VirtualThing processing

Hi,

I am developing a remote thing and I get two errors.

In the command prompt of my Remote Thing application: 

Error in VirtualThing processing of Service request from Platform. Object reference not set to an instance of an object

When calling the remote service from thingworx, I get: Error in VirtualThing processing of Service request from Platform. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

From what I see the name of the remote service is correct in thingworx and my code, so what does these errors mean? In thingworx, the error is displayed with null after it.

Kind Regards

Oskar Berntorp

1 REPLY 1

Hello @oskarberntorp ,

As per knowledge ,"Object reference not set to an instance of an object." is the most common error in programming and the easiest to find. Typically the error message tells you exactly what object is null.  while searching any useful info regarding VirtualThing Service I have come across a useful thread: https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Creating-a-Thing-from-a-Virtual-Thing-Service-Java-SDK/td-p/524955

Pls go through the thread once and share  if you find it useful.

Regards

Bhawna

Top Tags