cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Git Extension: Import successful, but no changes to be found

MS_10929021
4-Participant

Git Extension: Import successful, but no changes to be found

Good day everyone,

We've been trying to use the Git Extension (5.0.) to synchronize changes between a DEV and a PROD environment, both using the same repository and setup. This has worked before, but when we tried to import a slightly larger amount of changes for a first "feature update" to our PROD environment, we noticed that after the import, it says everything imported successfully but barely any changes made it over. 

A new thing with some services made it over, but from what I can tell all changes to Mashups, Things and ThingShapes were lost - or rather, not imported properly.

When checking the files and logs, we found the following details:

• After pulling on the PROD system, the changes are *visible* - we see the commit and the changes made to the file in the preview window.
  • When downloading that very same .xml or viewing it directly on the server, it does NOT show those changes.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? The whole export/push process worked really well, but import seems to be causing problems right now, which is a shame because it worked for smaller updates in the past.

So to reiterate - we can successfully pull the current state and it looks like the right changes are there from the commit history, but the files themselves show no change to them both when importing or downloading individual files.

EDIT: After completely deleting our repository and then making a fresh pull from the *same* branch as before, the changes can be seen in the workspace, weirdly enough.This doesn't exactly seem like intended behavior and I'd still like to find out why it didn't work before - I will try an import with the "new" files tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Martin

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags