cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Grid Advanced changed Behavier after upgrade

AS_10340651
12-Amethyst

Grid Advanced changed Behavier after upgrade

Hello,

my company updated thingworx from 9.1.10 to 9.3.7 and now we got that wierd behavior on a Grid Advanced Widget. 

What we want is only 1 row is selected and always at least 1 row is selected. So you cant unselect.

This worked as intended on 9.1.10 but after the upgrade we got actually a different behavior. The changedRow event always triggers, even i dont change it. I just click on the selected row and it will be unselected. I tried to play around with all properties and it still doesn't work. 

Have anyone a working solution? Or will this be fixed in a upcoming version? Because we will not upgrade for the next 1 or 2 years.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @AS_10340651 

Use DefaultSelectedRows widget property to select rows by default in new Grid.

/VR

this will only make the selection at the start and we use it already:

AS_10340651_0-1705903674574.png

I'm talkin about the "reselection" = deselected. This behavior is not wanted and was good on 9.1.10.

Hi @AS_10340651 

I think it cannot be achieved in the new grid. You can make validation service which checks if row is selected or not

/VR

Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:Velkumar)

@Velkumar I think they didn't migrate to the new grid. As I understood it this is changed behavior in the old advanced grid widget.

@Rocko  I think they have migrated using the Mashup Migration Tool which pops up when we load Mashup for the first time. 

And advance grid in 9.3 works properly 

Velkumar_0-1705912740809.png

/VR

I have this wrong behavior in migrated yes, but Even with fresh made gridadvanced widgets this behavior is still not as expected.

I expect if i click on the same row then the event "row changed" shouldnt be fired because its the same row and i didnt change anything. but in the new version it fires this event and so it will unselect the row in the service.

The service then provides "empty" selection to the grid and we get an error. This error we have only in 9.3.7 but not at 9.1.10.

"unselect by clicking again" should be an option or disabled by default.

Top Tags