cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Having to login to composer multiple times before logged in

jensc
17-Peridot

Having to login to composer multiple times before logged in

Hello everyone,

I wanted to check if other people also have the same issue where you get the prompt to login (Chrome prompt similar to this):

jensc_0-1692705592782.png

to the composer but after pressing sign in with correct information, the popup will come back at the very least one more time and you have to press sign in again.

This keeps happening even though I am sure I have the correct username and password saved in the chrome "wallet".

I know others in my company also have this issue, so it would be nice to know if it is an issue within our company or if others also face it.

Thanks,

Jens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:jensc)

Hi everyone.

This is a problem that our R&D teams have looked at in the past.  To fix it would require risky changes to the design of the product, and those risks outweigh the benefit.  Therefore, there are no plans to address this behavior.

We apologize for the annoyance.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @jensc ,

Thanks for posting this issue. Even though I face this issue daily, I need to investigate the root cause of it in the backend.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

Hi @jensc 

I found this article but it looks very old - https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS235234

Maybe try to clear the browser cache as suggested that might fix the issue 

/VR

jensc
17-Peridot
(To:Velkumar)

Hello @Velkumar,

I have now cleared my cache, I'll come back in a day or two once I've been able to test it a few times.

Thanks,

Jens

jensc
17-Peridot

Hello,

It seems like clearing cache did not work. I checked the application log and found the following:

jensc_0-1692779757066.png

I am not sure, but could this be the reason for the issue?

I did have to login somewhere close to this amount of times.

Regards,

Jens

Hi @jensc 

Based on the warning message I found this article - Mapping Active Directory User Attributes to the ThingWorx userExtension Property (ptc.com)

Check whether the correct AD Attribute is mapped to Thingworx Surname User Extension. 

Velkumar_0-1692780900470.png

Also, it is a warning message it should not cause any problems during login. 

/VR

jensc
17-Peridot

Hello @Velkumar 

Ah yes that is true. I checked the security log as well and found some issues with AD as well though:

jensc_0-1692781593610.png

Can't say if this is what is causing it or not though, but it does sound plausible as my assumption is that we eventually get a connection to AD and do not timeout.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Jens 

Hi @jensc 

This could be the reason for multiple login attempts (but I'm not sure). 

/VR

Hello,

This same problem, but not so regularly. Mostly it starts first time, but sometimes have to fill data again.

With password manager, I'm sure there was no spelling mistakes

Did not try to solve it, got used to that. 

jensc
17-Peridot

Hello everyone,

I had some back and forth with my infrastructure team and understood that there had been some changes for the AD domain servers.

So the following:

jensc_0-1693205760485.png

Should be fixed by making sure we have the correct hostnames for the AD servers in our TWX platforms.

However even after changing to the new AD server in one of the platforms, we still face the same issue.

First time logging in I have to login twice to actually be able to login.

I'm thinking it might be worth opening a support case for this.

Will post again when there is some new information.

Regards,

Jens

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi everyone.

This is a problem that our R&D teams have looked at in the past.  To fix it would require risky changes to the design of the product, and those risks outweigh the benefit.  Therefore, there are no plans to address this behavior.

We apologize for the annoyance.

Regards.

--Sharon

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

@slangley  

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

@slangley  What is the work around suggested from PTC to solve this double login issue?

If we configure Thingworx for Windchill Auth then we can solve this issue. 

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:PreetiGupta)

Hi @PreetiGupta 

I'm not aware of any workaround.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags