cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Hover/Tooltips are not showing up when Using Media Queries

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

Hover/Tooltips are not showing up when Using Media Queries

Hello,

I am using Media Queries on a Mashup, but when Media Queries are applied, the tooltips/Hover are not showing up on the Runtime, Mainly for Line Chart.

Thingworx Version: 9.3.0

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @pshashipreetham 

I saw that a case was opened for this and it was concluded that you were using zoom which is not a standard feature and should never be used in production-grade applications as its implementation/behavior could change.  R&D recommends referring to the official MDN documentation (zoom - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN ).  With the zoom CSS, tooltips won’t work because the coordinates of points are maintained with the viewport, and using zoom displaces them.

It's recommended to avoid using custom CSS, whether it is for media query or anything else (designs should always be made with the existing options), because it may cause issues related to backward compatibility.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @pshashipreetham 

I saw that a case was opened for this and it was concluded that you were using zoom which is not a standard feature and should never be used in production-grade applications as its implementation/behavior could change.  R&D recommends referring to the official MDN documentation (zoom - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN ).  With the zoom CSS, tooltips won’t work because the coordinates of points are maintained with the viewport, and using zoom displaces them.

It's recommended to avoid using custom CSS, whether it is for media query or anything else (designs should always be made with the existing options), because it may cause issues related to backward compatibility.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags