cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to access localhost access log in thingworx mashup

ST_10584688
5-Regular Member

How to access localhost access log in thingworx mashup

I want to find out how many times a mashup used. So for that I am developing a mashup that can access localhost access log from tomcat folder in server. So I want to know how to acess this log in mashup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:ST_10584688)

You can hire PTC or one of their partners to create such an extension, but it's not that hard to do yourself. Especially method 1) I suggested above could be done in little time. See https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/valve.html#Access_Log_Valve

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Rocko
17-Peridot

ThingWorx can't arbitrarily access folders in the file system. OOTB it has access to its own folders, and the folders of the File Repositories.

There are two (safe) ways to access this log from ThingWorx:

1) Configure tomcat to put this log into a folder of a ThingWorx File Repository

2) Create a java extension which reads the file from the tomcat folder. Extensions can access any folder.

ST_10584688
5-Regular Member
(To:Rocko)

Hi,

Thanks for your responce, just wanted to know localhost access log is also created in thingworx composer?

Rocko
17-Peridot

No, it's created by Tomcat, not by ThingWorx.

ST_10584688
5-Regular Member

PTC provide this type of functionality extension?

Rocko
17-Peridot

You can hire PTC or one of their partners to create such an extension, but it's not that hard to do yourself. Especially method 1) I suggested above could be done in little time. See https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/valve.html#Access_Log_Valve

ST_10584688
5-Regular Member

Hi,

Thanks for your support. I have created this extension.

@ST_10584688 Check if symlink solves your requirements,

Top Tags